Foreign Affairs Post Annum Ferrum

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
I will propose to start the reckoning of historical Japanatica by Annum Ferrum The Year of the Iron.

This year, Japanatica will face a series of critcal decisions. The Foreign Affairs Ministry has withheld the day of decision to the day or Iron for good reason.
Iron gives the people a choice, iron is good for democracy, iron is good for survival, yes iron is even good for irony and sarcasm :)

The plan is to publish following memos prior to discussions and 6 polls

Based on the access to Iron, I will publish the following general memos

1. General vision for the National Interest of Japanatica
2. Plan for the Future Border and national ambition

and draft the following principles for foreign relations

1. Principles of Japan for International Agreements
2 Definition of Casus Belli and Sanctions

and formulate the following cooperation systems

1. Trade/Diplomacy Cooperation with Minister of Trade
2. National Security Advisory to Minister of Defense
3 Joint Memo with President Daveshack on the International Agenda
4. Joint memo with Science Minister Rik Meleet
5. Joint Memo with acting Culture Minister Curufinwe/Fien
6. Joint memo with Domestic Minister on synchronizing build queues to game milestones in turnchats, as well as a city plan mathing both defensible borders and international exploration, in addition to stable foreign relations.

I will also publicize a memo on who may our arch enemy be like, and make the
Japanatican people discuss and vote on it.

7. Publication : "Japanese Enemy of the Millenium and Century"

Finally, I will present a final report and a special request, both to be polled.

1. Final Report on the Provolution Ministry
2. Special Request for a small Foreign Ministry Force

This will lead to the following polls:

Polling on the Future Defensible Border of Japan in the International World
Polling standards, definitions, principles and procedures for FA Ministry
Polling How FA; MA and TA should coordinate foreign relations
Polling the relationships on the foreign civilizations
Polling the need for a special Foreign Ministry Diplomacy/Exploration Force
Polling the final report of the Foreign Affairs first term, following discussion

We will also poll war and peace under special circumstances.

Until then, we will pursue peace with all new civs, trade where we can in agreement with science and trade, and assure the flow of the turnchats to the day of Ironworking, Annum Ferrum (AF)

Annum Ferrum? :confused:

I think FA should also have a civ rating poll, to see how the people feel towards other civs. (This, IMHO, was best done in DG1 when Chiefpaco set up 5 levels of "trust" on how we should deal with each civ). I'm not sure of the exact order, or wording, but it was something like this:

1 - Dependable Ally. We'd do everything for this civ, including giving them what they want, and helping them with their war effort.
2 - Tradable Partner. We can trade with this civ, but we don't have 100% trust.
3 - Neutral. We could go one way or the other with this civ.
4 - Deplorable. This civ has crossed our path in the past. It's best to be suspicious of this type of civ.
5 - Rouge nation. This civ we can bully, and treat like a puppet state all we want. Demanding techs and stuff is ok. If they refuse, we declare war.

It will be a CIV rating Poll, but not using the dated terms from the US Foreign Department, these terms were obsolete by 1996

Provolution said:
It will be a CIV rating Poll, but not using the dated terms from the US Foreign Department, these terms were obsolete by 1996

I wouldn't even know what those terms from 1996 where... In fact, I don't even know of ANY US foreign department terms...

I like CT's system, so long as we don't relegate all contacts to Class 5 once we have Cavalry. In that case, we may as well merge FA and Military right now. ;)

Let's check out our status on Annum Ferrum, and determine our next course. If we end up with the Iron resource close by, the Trade Ministry will support any measure to secure it even if that should mean a well-planned early war.

I have a better system on grading other CIVS,wait and see,

I have every faith that a Provolution proposal will be well-planned and comprehensive. I will withhold my opinions until that time. :)

Top Bottom