Foreign Affairs, The Persian Crisis

Icmancin

WSNR Pte
The word is final: Those damn Persians have declared wra on us. There is alot of talk going on about what we should do. Should we make an Offensive? Should we sit back and wait? Or should we get Rome or France in a MA against Persia?

Remember that Persia is a far nation more backwards then us. It is located in the far North and is as dumb as a duck. Even Fanatik forces outnumber and outclass thier troops. So, what is the citizens view? What should we do?

Wait, make sure our borders are safe from any attack at all, even an improvement being pillage is a set-back. If we can fight them on the defensive we should. But for the FA Department, this is your time to shine! I like your idea's Icmanin and we should tangle the whole world up in each other as they bite and claw at each other while we capitaolize off of it, it's hard to do but we have the power here to do it.

If we have the left-over Horsemen a raid into Persia wouldn't be a bad option either.

-Ranger99-

The AI are stupid and i cant see them accepting peace for at least 10 turns. They want to send a alittle army to die at our gates. And they will and we will get a profitable little peace. This is the nicest way things can go. But if persia convinces France and Rome into a war against us then we will battle for our lives. I say we form a Military Allaince with Rome and France against Persia. could someone get us the price of these things? Then we can hold out 20 turns and if Persia is still alive we can sue for peace. This will stop persia launching even a small invasion (and face it we only have a army of pointy sticks), it will keep the big boyz occupied so they do launch any wars against us, and it will give germany some breathing room.

We've no army to take the offensive to them. As such, try to make peace with them as soon as possible.

If we can build up an army one of these days...

Nobody said:
The AI are stupid and i cant see them accepting peace for at least 10 turns. They want to send a alittle army to die at our gates. And they will and we will get a profitable little peace.

Are you suggesting that after a few turns they will suggest peace to a profit in our gain? If so, I think you're mistaken. No doubt that they will offer peace, but if we haven't so much as taken a city or two, I doubt that they will feel any need to pay tribute to end the war. If anything, they will demand from us. Perhaps I just misunderstood your point.

In any case, it's my belief that we will see at least some armed militia from Persia near our borders, and if we are so lucky to gain access to a Persian diplomat prior to any bloodshed, I do hope that we can somehow convince them to immediate peace (You know, blame it on a runner going crazy or something). If this means giving up Literature, then so be it. I believe that it's in the greater interest of Fanatikos that we offer a showing of good will to the Persian people in order to create a peaceful country once again (at our cost) before we are dragged into a "bloody little war".

I was baseing my argument on the war against the iroquios in the last demogame. They attacked us with a couple of units as soon as war began and then gave us some gold for peace.

Top Bottom