Foreign Great Works?

zeta

Mod Addict
Hey,

I'm about to go for a cultural victory with France. This will be my first culture victory like EVER. I know that foreign Great Works for theming bonuses are acquired through war or archaeology, but is there any new ways to acquire them in CBP? I doubt there is, but wanted to make sure before starting my game.

Any other tips on getting culture victory?

You can swap for them in the culture tab. You could in vanilla BNW too. CBP adds a 'swap and optimise' button which does it automatically, but I've never used it.

You can swap for them in the culture tab. You could in vanilla BNW too. CBP adds a 'swap and optimise' button which does it automatically, but I've never used it.

I've only used the "Swap & optimise" button once and it... stuffed things up for me.:p:confused:

Admittedly one try is not a fair sample to base your use on but just to let you know you may need to "fix" things afterwards.

Optimise works great but I've always been hesitant to use the swap. It seemed to work pretty well the few times I used it but I would recommend saving the game before you do it just in case

Optimise works great but I've always been hesitant to use the swap. It seemed to work pretty well the few times I used it but I would recommend saving the game before you do it just in case

Swap does a full optimization, and then one of each 'extra' great work you have (that didn't fit in a theme) is considered for the trade spot on the swap window. If a trade can be completed immediately to get a theme (i.e. the AI has one you need and is willing to trade it), it'll do the swap. Uses the same algorithm as the AI (well, the same new algorithm as the AI, as I had to rewrite that to get it working properly).

G

"Swaptimize" button needs 2 or 3 pushes in order to do its thing. For me it works pretty good, because the vanilla GW management window is an absolute cancer.

"Swaptimize" button needs 2 or 3 pushes in order to do its thing. For me it works pretty good, because the vanilla GW management window is an absolute cancer.

Sometimes, yeah. The algorithm weights great works, but the weighting can sometimes change based on which are selected for themes where and how (the AI does not look at every possible permutation of a theme set, only the first, thus unused great works can sometimes be different in between permutations).

G

Top Bottom