Foreign Ministry Term X

peter grimes

Retired Moderator
First and foremost, thanks and adulations are due Fe3333au. His tireless draftings of letters and persistence in chats has helped MIA into the position of power we now occupy. Without his work, we would've had a harder time taking over our continent.

This term will see, I expect, a solidification of the KISS/DNUT alliance. We don't have proof of its existence, but from a strategic position, they really should be working together.

The first order of business for this term is to smooth things over a bit with regard to our Declaration of War (t176), and any fallout from our Notification (t179). As well as sending notification (after the save was sent), we also apparently sent an offer of Peace. This was a shrewd move by our outgoing President, calculated to result in maximum confusion. It sure worked on me :lol:

I'd like to see us produce another issue of the International Herald soon, and I'll try to work up an editorial. The idea here is to inform the other teams of the sweeping changes our latest elections have effected; and to poke some fun at ourselves. There's no harm in letting the other teams think that we don't have our ducks quite in a row ;)

This message just came with our save…

There is a wayward MW in your territory as a result of a misclick. Please allow him some food and water and he will be on his way home next turn.

I haven't opened the save yet… but this sounds like a total lie to me.
But, if we attack… then we've totally and officially beyond any doubt broken the treaty.
I suppose, as long as it's just 1 MW – then we're really in no danger.
I'll bet they were just looking to get some intel on how Eureka Stockade is defended.

I agree. There is no need to attack the unit this turn.

They are either gathering intel or testing our statement that we will not attack.

Let's respond with something along the lines of:

"We will gladly provide your soldier with food and water. We were planning a barbeque commemorating the great service of our newly retired President Chamnix anyway. Your soldier is welcome to attend as a guest of honor.

As we mentioned previously, we will not be attacking any of your units for the duration of our agreement."

We also got this from an admin:

Hello M.I.A.!

You have additional battlelogs to mull over:

(4/4) Privateer attacks Trusty Guppy. Privateer wins, now (3/4).
(3/3) Privateer attacks Snarling Narwal. Privateer wins, promotes to (3/4).

First time our boats were not in port because I attacked that silly redlined galley :mad:. Sorry :blush:

Note looks good Gbno1fan - :thumbsup:

maybe consider adding "As we mentioned previously, we will not be attacking any of your units for the duration of our agreement - assuming nothing other than your privateers attacks us ;)"

But maybe that's not wise? :lol:

Anyway - it's unfortunate about the boats... but it's hardly even a bump in the road in the big picture.

I agree with donsig - nobody should say anything in the UN about this. Just pretend it never happened.

Edit - interestingly enough, the Nuts completed Electricity. Headed for Theory of Evolution (we'll know for sure if they get Medicine next), Replaceable Parts, or a dire need to irrigate :lol? I'm guessing Replaceable Parts - that means we win the race to Flight by even more turns... or we can consider following the Nuts to Replaceable Parts so we can upgrade our cannons in case they try to land.

Edit 2 - We should definitely keep quiet about the privateer - it was in fact from KISS :eek: (at least one of them). Checking F3 shows KISS enslaved an MIA boat.

Quick edit before I head to bed, in case we need to send this with the save, assuming we're disbanding the units and salting the fields 'round Eureka Stockade:

We will gladly provide your soldier with food and water. As we've said before, we won't attack your units for the duration of our agreement. In fact, we were planning a barbeque commemorating the great service of our newly retired President Chamnix anyway - your soldier is welcome to attend as a guest of honor :lol:

If we're not abandoning, then the :lol: has less impact... but I'm not certain they'd even get the joke anyway.

There is little point in causing a problem, especially with all that has been going on in the UN. We're winning and gloating/hinting about it will only cause problems, not help the role playing. ;)

Received from KISS via gmail:

Battle report
Our 3/4 galley loses to the 3/3 Frigate no damage

Got hit with a frigate near Pale Dove. Tried to knock off a hp or two with our galley but there was no damage. I had to back off with the reg. privateer. No sight of anything up north.

We need gems again since the deal cancelled at the end.

Obviously the second message was intended for the Nuts :lol:. There are no boats in sight now, so our frigates accomplished their mission. Now we can just sit in port and see if anyone approaches.

Other good news - I believe the Nuts completed Electricity on turn 181, but they are showing no new techs on 185.

Sorry I've been quiet lately - work is very busy, at least through Sunday....

Replaceable Parts. Lucky us :evil: They only delayed obtaining their best defenses!

Chamnix said:
Turn 186 - Dnuts have Replaceable Parts.
This supports my gut instinct that we should be expecting a stack of Infantry to land on our shores in the next 15 turns or so.

Anyway you slice this, I think it's positive.
1) They're not racing to flight = giving us breathing room
2) They're not getting espionage asap = not a great threat to our lead
3) They're not racing for the Theory of Evolution = we're free to time that how we want
:clap:

I still maintain my position that this means we should start getting Replaceable Parts ourselves next turn.

Hey – I posted a message that crossed a bit into Foreign Territory… but it was all in the name of fun and I hope I'm not in trouble! :lol:

Here's the Message:
From the UN thread said:
We DO have some fine wine in MIA now.

To think! All this time we've been having wine shipped in from overseas, risking the high seas, pirates, and Foreign Ministers with sticky fingers… :mischief: … and all this time there was great local wine to be had right here on the Green Continent!

As President of MIA, I hereby offer you send you some of our excellent wine as a gesture of goodwill. Just call us up and demand it, and I'll pass it along.

As for getting all your towns back and an ROP though… that'd have to go through the foreign ministry. ;)

:salute:

The joke, of course, is that they have to offer peace to get the wine. Peace will reset our War Weariness, and wine won't do them any good, because I'm sure they're getting it from the Nuts.

Just trying to be humorous.
I'll take my punishment if need be…

:)

You are right that we can't actually give them wines... which is a good thing because we can't accept peace from KISS for the same reason we can't accept peace from the Nuts. Our Foreign Minister will have to put you in your place :).

Chamnix said:
Turn 186 - Dnuts have Replaceable Parts.
Would that not mean that we should try and get RP ASAP so that we can identify where the source of Rubber are so that if they happened to be close to the shore, we can protect them from any bombardment. This will be handy for us so that we can isolate their sources when we plan to attack them.

anyone else notice D'Nuts turnplayer posted "turn XXX to TNT" in the turn tracker thread? i thought it was a funny little slip up, maybe something we could run with in the UN or the Tribune. :)

yeah - I laughed at that also... almost made a comment when I posted my turn log, but decided that our humor is likely to still be… "underappreciated" … by the KISS and Nuts.

I do notice that they passed the turn on to "the world leaders" this time… :) Maybe they're starting to make peace with their doom? :mischief:

The Nuts have landed.

A stack of 38 infantry, 1 guerilla, and a settler is outside of Rhodes. Our military is weak compared to theirs.

Now the good news:

KISS did not join them.
There are no cavalry in their stack.
There is no bombardment in their stack.
The 10 boats they used this turn cannot bring more troops next turn - unless they have more boats there will be no more unit arriving next turn.

Top Bottom