1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Office (Turns 141 - 160)

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by Robi D, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

I had sent off this message last night

However it seems fe3333au had a similar idea at the same time and sent one to us at the same time

While i may have been slow a few times in responding it has only been since the weekend when we talked that there was actually an agreement to make an offer, before that time we had only talked about the possibility of one, i guess MIA are in a hurry. Anyway they seem to have gone into very fine details in their post, so what is the feeling, is it acceptable

2. killercane

killercane Deity

How do we get them to not realize KISS is doing Chemistry and giving it to us. My proposal is to tell them we are doing chemistry right now, we will give them chemistry + banking + gold eventually for Astro, Physics, ToG. Hold back the lump sum payments to see how things pan out, or give them a small bit to help some deficit research on their part.

This whole deal is contingent on getting us to rails quicker I assume. Then an inevitable backstab. At about the same time as this deal ends, KISS will have Mil Tradition. We will have 30 or so MWs to upgrade and I assume KISS will have 40-50 horses or so for that same purpose, maybe with Leos. We could end MIA at that time with this current deal, though this would not gain us a tremendous amount and would only help KISS ICS their continent.

I do not know how to handle the diplomacy of the Industrial Age but we need to carefully consider it and get a deal in place. The first clause in the deal should be that the agreement supercedes all and any agreements with any other nation, since we are using the devious device of "first deal holds true over subsequent deals" to screw MIA.

3. Robi D

The problem is i don't think we can get them to stay away from chemistry, and give KISS techs rpresents its own problems, because in my discussion over the weekend it seems MIA are checking the tech front every turn, as they knew we got gunpowder the turn we got it and that we discovered education. I have sent a message to KISS to tell them we may have to re work the plan to make it work for us, i'm hoping they get back to us soon, i've tryed to stall MIA a little by posing some questions about the deal

4. killercane

killercane Deity

We could have KISS give us chem a few turns after them I suppose, adn say we researched it... What leads you to believe that we cant get them to stay away from chemistry?

5. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

I understand that MIA has Banking and Astronomy. This is how we should act first trade Gunpowder for Banking, then MIA will research Chemistry. Buy it and Astronomy for lump sum of gold approximately 1500g. Meanwhile K.I.S.S. will research Metallurgy and give it to us. At last stage trade Metallurgy for Physics with MIA. Wait 10 turns as is agreed on deal and give all three techs (Banking, Astronomy and Physics) to K.I.S.S. At that point K.I.S.S. will give us MT.

6. killercane

killercane Deity

Now that makes good sense then, I didnt know MIA was so advanced. Its an excellent deal for us.

7. killercane

killercane Deity

In the inbox:

Hi Rob

I know this is unprosseional but I'm a bit pissed, so excuse the bluntness ... AND time is an enemy.

BUT we already have Banking !!!

This whole scenario will take time ... but to start, we will send Banking to you for Gunpowder unless we receive orders to the contrary.

Then, once this is received we really must address the latest proposal sent.

This is also dependent that you agree NOT to pass Banking onto KISS

Talk to you soon

Fe of MIA

8. killercane

killercane Deity

I gave a short reply that Fe must talk to Robi and I will duly send guns when we get an agreement in place.

9. Robi D

Ok i also got a PM back from scoutsout. While KISS and us where planning to get a tech jump on MIA i don't think that will be possible given MIA's offer, however both KISS and ourselves stand to make a lot of gold by getting MIA to do the brunt of the research.

So send the guns, i have PM fe3333au that we are doing so and i've told him that i will PM him tomorrow about whether we want banking or astronomy.

The offer is astronomy and we give them an extra 100g or just banking for the guns.

Personally i would go with astronomy and let them do chem while we rake in the gold

Edit- i didn't read the posts propery the first time, 1500g and guns for astrononmy and banking is also a very good option, i will put it to fe when i talk to him tomorrow

10. killercane

killercane Deity

K sending guns, we can work out gold later.

11. Robi D

Ok i told fe3333au that we sent the guns, they will send back astronomy next turn and we will send 100g. They have agree to give us banking as well but i told fe3333au to hold off sending for a few turns so we can raise the gold. I think that will be 5 or 6 turns at our current rate.

12. Robi D

Latest letter from MIA.

13. Robi D

Here is the formal treaty from MIA for us to sign

14. Aigburth

Aigburth Sea Dog

The treaty is very clear about not trading techs with KISS, do we plan on honouring this?

15. Kuningas

Kuningas Deity

here is the signed treaty, page 1&2 are same.

Attached Files:

16. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

It seems to me that this treaty is in breach of the simpsons protocols.

17. killercane

killercane Deity

This agreement was expressly proposed by KISS and has their permission, therefore no violation of that. Now how to trade techs to KISS under Simpsons is a different matter, it may require KISS to declare war, I dont know.

18. Aigburth

Aigburth Sea Dog

If KISS dropped off a stack near our core and demanded techs, how could we refuse :mischief:

Of course this would not escape the attention of the game admins, need to think of something devious and legal.