1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: CivFr

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

:devil: It is good to have a lawyer on the team :D

2. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

This just in from CivFr

3. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Don't want this to get buried under all my non-game related posts.

Well, they let us off the hook with that long NAP. Hopefully the "common goal" line means this is another team in the RB-dogpile column. How do we want to approach the Zulu aggression question? If we don't want them to war against the Spaniards and start taking "our" cities, this might not be the best time to brag about how well the war is going...

4. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

That was a pretty frosty response. :sad:

They called us our neighbours... Either they've done a pitiful amount of exploration, Y-wrapping is on and they're actually our southern neighbour, or they're just plain lazy.

5. 2metraninja

The response is good. I very much like to deal with guys that know what they want.

6. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

We can just say that it was Zulu aggression against the peaceful Indians.

7. dratboy

dratboy Chieftain

Perhaps mention that after one indecisive battle, The Zulu army returned home largely intact. It's basically true and also suggests that the Zulus are not defenseless.

8. 2metraninja

I would prefer just saying they attacked us with huge AGG/CHA army without any forewarning forcing us to whip and chop units and walls to defend ourselves.

I think CivFR will be more than happy to know it was not us who planned this and we are not beating the poor Spaniards to take their lands. Later on, when we actually have the army to conquer Zululand, we will see how to handle the Frenches.

9. 2metraninja

We had a chat where we discussed the situation with CivFR with Bistrita and even more things. Thought it is worth to share.

10. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

So, as far as CivFr goes, it sounds like what we want is to make sure they don't get any of the spoils from our war with the Spaniards, but also to make sure that we are friendly and at peace once our borders meet up, after we take out the Spaniards. And at the same time, start feeling out if they'll be an ally or a foe in the anti-RB alliance. How about something like this:

11. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

I am concerned about saying there is a "stand-still" If we imply that we are on equal footing with Spaniards, CivFr might get the idea that a little help to the Zulus is all they need to reach some lucrative deal where SpAp crushes us and they get land from SpAp.

I am also worried about telling them that SpAps armies are safely home defending their cities. Might it be better to keep them guessing about where SpAps armies are and how strong they are?

12. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

What I was going for was "the entire Spanish army is back inside their own borders, so you shouldn't think about attacking them yourselves. Better to just let us deal with this situation" I don't know how to say it to get that message across without being too obvious about it.

I think the perception problem that we need to avoid is that we're the big powerful team getting easy gains from the weak Spanish team.

13. dratboy

dratboy Chieftain

The chief concern was that CivFr would take advantage of SpAP invading us by invading SpAp in turn (before we were ready for the counterstrike). But that's a good point about them seeing this as an opportunity to tip the balance against us.

We all agree (I think) that best case scenario is CivFr doing nothing at all and accepting our explanation at face value to build trust between us. If they are as detail oriented as our fine group :), then when they get the graphs on us and SpAp, they will clearly see that no major battle has occurred. So then it comes down to, if no battles have happened, then what exactly is going on? Our explanation of them showing up and then leaving answers that question.

Maybe we don't have to spell it out so clearly? Just say "The showed up, then they left, now we don't know where they are. Do YOU know where they are?" Something like that...

Now, as for that sugar tile ... oops, wrong thread. :lol:

14. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

I like that idea. I also get that we don't want them invading SpAp and taking all our "tender-vittles" before we get a chance to devour them.

15. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Here's a revised draft taking the suggestions into account.

Let me know what you guys think. I'd like to send it off tomorrow so that we don't take over a week to respond.

16. 2metraninja

Very good message. I say send it.

17. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Message sent.

18. 2metraninja

Thanks Yossa.

19. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

An interesting diplo message just came in from Team CivFr:

20. 2metraninja

Hmm, why they dont specify what number and kind were those...