Foreign Policy: CivFr

Are they serious? Absolutely not into paying gpt on top of wines. This message makes me want to start planning how we can roll right through them with Poly's help after we take out the Zulu.

It's nice that they shared the military Intel, though. That is mighty bold of the Spaniards to send so many troops to the other side of their land. Worked out for them though since they can now get their army back into position well before we want to attack them.

This message came in from CivFr yesterday:

Dear Indians,

First of all, we now see than you are in peace with zoulus and that we can now open borders to gain trade routes between our nations. Are you interessted in this?

By the way, can you told us more about the relationship with zulus and the reasons to come to war with them.

We have also popped-up a great merchant, that we want to create a trade mission in your cap. Are you OK to accept this?

We think that we can do a lot in this world with a good cooperation.

Looking forward to hearing you soon.

Best regards,

Mayans

Our diplomats should work even its week end open borders will them will gran us 4-5 comerce right now,and we could turn a choriot towards theyr land trow rb land to see where ToA its, if they builded..

Who's cheif diplo contact vs Fr?

Does anyone oppose OB with them?

Edit - I see it's Bowsling that has talked to them before. And we've already discussed an OB vs Fr so that should be uncontroversial. Would be good to get the ball rolling asap.

Yeah, let's definitely agree to ob asap, and also let them know they can send their merchant to our cap so they don't waste time having it sit around waiting for our answer.

To answer their question about the Zulu war, I think we can even wrote some of the funnier lines from their emails to us to show they were the aggressors and they promised us war to the end of time.

I do believe that they have some sort of relations with the Spaniards. If you look at the scores on one of the screenshots while we were at war, you can see the little trade icon next to civfr signifying that we had a connection the whole time to trade resources and get routes through ob, so there was no benefit in waiting until the war was over.

I think the mesage must have falow things:
1. are we alowed to scout or not the land?
2.WE will have GM too so we must ask to return to us the favor and tell us where is theyr ToA.
3.how long those borders will be open.

Here is a draft with bistrita's suggestions
Dear CivFr,

We are indeed at peace with the Zulus. This pleases us as we have no idea why they made war on us. We have tried to remain friendly with them. Maybe you can tell us why they attacked us? Did they discuss it with you?

We are glad to Open Borders with you so you can send your Great Merchant to our capital. We will have our own Great Merchant soon and we wish to send him to your Temple of Artemis city. So we will share the locations of the cities and we will both send our Great Merchants to each others cities for trade missions. Do you agree with this?

We also would like to know if you want to keep our border open for trade routes permanently or just to send in the Great Merchants. Lastly, we would like to send a chariot to scout and improve our Map of your country. You can send a unit to see our lands as well. Do you agree to this?

Team CFC

I think that the chapter about Zulus could be a bit better. You are laying out "the innocent victims" play a bit too thick, IMO. Don't forget that we are about to attack and crush Zulus soon. If we now tell CivFr "we just wanted to live in peace" and in 10-20 turns attack Zulus ruthlessly, I fear CivFr may get wary of us. Here is my take on the first chapter:
We are indeed at peace with the Zulus. They were the ones to declare war. They said in their DoW that they were looking to capture a few cities but we have no idea why they targeted us. Their gameplay still is a mystery to us so we really don't know where our relationship with Zulus stand.

Rest of the Sommerswerd's draft was great.

Ooh, I really like that, Sommers. :goodjob:

I'm fine with the first paragraph the way it is. It gives the impression that we were innocent victims, as you said, but it doesn't really deceive. We will be going to war in ten turns, which is a long time from now. Saying that we have no idea why they attacked us is true, and it doesn't exclude the possibility of counterattacking them.

Bowsling, as ambassador I think you get final say over the message. Do you have access to our gmail account to send it off?

I tihnk we should start to try to get a wine -gem deal with them becasue i have a plan which involves Police state and 2 happy form gems in capitol in one from fur will just good replce rep for 5 turns.

I agree to pay something like 1 gold for every forge we build turn.Can our diplomats think a way to get those.

I don't think so, no. Most people were offended that we should pay extra for their gems. If we want those gems bad, they want us to throw something else in on top of the wines.

Top Bottom