1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: CivFr

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

So we got an answer, i supose i wanst clear but a question there..

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

We need those Gems badly for Indira increased happy cap and for other cities drafting/whipping unhappiness. We are going to war. We need all resources and all help to our economy we can get our hands on. "They have an abundance of gold and silver, and these make war, like other things, go smoothly."

Lets send a message to CivFR where we propose them wines for gems and 1 gpt for each of our forges we build. Something like:

3. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

How do they know how many forges we have? We should at least give them the current figure for now, I think.

4. 2metraninja

We will tell them. :)

5. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

"Great, signed! Okay how many forges do you have?"

"Why, we have none!" :mwaha:

6. 2metraninja

We do have at least 1 in Indira. :) I would not outright lie. But even if we do so, we have a proverb saying: "The lie's legs are short". How hard for French is to trade a map with someone who scouted our cities and just look at the buildings if we say the truth? So we will have really short supply of gems :)

7. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Ha I wasn't insinuating you were lying or deceiving them. Just something humorous I thought of while reading the offer. :)

8. 2metraninja

:) Yeah, if we did not had any forges, but needed the gems badly, this would had been nice trick - to promise them additional gpt for each forge and then we say: but we dont have any, so it is plain resource for resource deal.

BTW, wines give health with grocers too. Shall we put the condition that we want 1 gpt from them for each grocer they build?

Another thing is do we want to bind this deal with time frame. Otherwise they can cancel it within 10 turns if they settle their own wines or if they find better price for their gems from some other team and say: "We dont like it anymore"

9. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

This came in from CivFr yesterday:

10. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Well good to see its not just us.:)

I thought I remember reading somwhere that we dont want to trade Maps? Or was it just that we dont want RB to get our Map?

11. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

We've been trading maps freely with CP and Poly, as far as I can tell. We refused RB when they asked to trade maps. Getting CivFr in on this is something that we need to think about before responding. I am not sure that Poly would appreciate it as they came very close to war with CivFr. On the other hand, CivFr territory and the Spanish eastern border are the areas where we have the least map knowledge so a trade could certainly benefit us and our allies.

12. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

We could always ask CP and Poly if they are okay with us trading maps with CivFr on the condition that we are of course willing to share with them after we have traded the map with them. It may very much be in their interests as well to obtain updated map info on CivFr, even if it means that CivFr gets some new map info on them.

13. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Here is a (dated) screenshot of the land that we don't have vision on currently that we would gain by trading maps with CivFr:

Spoiler :

Miss Click is the CivFr capital. Most of the uncovered land is now under CivFr control but was uncovered at the very beginning of the game by CP's scout before CivFr settled the area.

14. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Sounds good to me.

15. 2metraninja

Last thing MZ said to me about maps is he will be reluctant to trade map with French, but is not absolutely against it. Lets just ask him.

Also, we need to ask CivFR about the gems. We must be persistent. We need those. We plan to draft very soon and we will need every +1 happy we can get. With the Gems +1 we will be also able to grow our lovely capitol 2 more pop. +21 beakers per turn, how that sounds, eh?

16. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Is Bowsling around, or should I write a draft response? Giving you the day to respond, Bowsling :)

17. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

Where are my gems, dont forget we need gems for war...

18. 2metraninja

Remember Thucydides: "for they have abundance of gold and silver, and these make war, like other things, go smoothly"

19. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I can get something drafted in an hour or so, but you can if you want too, Caledorn. :)

20. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

It would be great if you could make a draft, and we can work from that :)