Foreign Policy: RealmsBeyond

We are going to accept OB with RB, right? We should send confirmation ASAP and get the deal done, before we give impression of not being interested.

I agree completely with this. I'd even say let's propose OB in game now before the turn ends and confirm through email or IM that we agree to full open borders.

That is a good suggestion, Yossarian. Would someone log in and offer them OB, unless there are objections of course?

Do you guys think we need to make an official mail, or would it suffice to just notify scooter on GTalk that we agree to the suggested deal?

Maybe an email would be good since Scooter was away this weekend and even if he's back he might not go immediately onto RB.

Proposal sent. Although if a screen-shot taker logs in, he might not be authorized to accept that, so official message must be sent.

Proposal sent. Although if a screen-shot taker logs in, he might not be authorized to accept that, so official message must be sent.

Right. I shall make one :)

Sorry if I stepped on any toes, but I went ahead and sent this:

Hi Scooter / RB,

Full open borders is OK with us. We have proposed open borders in game.

RB logs in constantly, so I wanted to make sure they had something in their inbox next time someone takes a look. If someone goes in and sees the diplo screen, they can check their mail and see that we've confirmed their understanding of OB.

Oh, thanks Yossarian :) No toes stepped on from my side. ;)

A bit late, we already agreed on full open borders. Also, we hope we wont be a toy at anyone's hands to be sold or bought. Rather we will forge our destiny and shape the world to our best taste.

In no game I saw a strategic disadvantage having an open borders with everyone. I might consider not opening borders with some nation if there is a Tech Trading enabled, so I keep others from trading with each-other, and force them to trade with me as a mediator. Or if I am grabbing land and dont want my neighbors to see how much land actually I have enclosed for myself, while leaving them boxed. Which is not the case - we already have told RB where the halfway tile is and the mapmaker have made it perfectly easy to say where one territory ends and other begins. Or if our relations are tensed and I am preparing army and they know it, but just dont know what type of units I am producing. Then I would not open my borders with someone. But we have a NAP with RB.

Why would we want not to open borders?

I am in full agreement with 2metraninja on this one :)

We got a new message from RB:

Caledorn,

My teammates suggested an idea, and it sounded like a good one to me. Would you like to make an agreement to not spend EPs on each other any more than are needed to get graphs? I believe we've actually out-spent you on EPs so far (we didn't meet other targets as fast as you), but we'd be very happy if we could come to an agreement so that we can both focus our EPs elsewhere. Any thoughts? I think it would help a lot on gaining info on our neighbors more quickly.

Also, I wanted to alert you that WePlayCiv has declared war on the German team. I don't believe I heard that you guys ever made contact with them, so I thought you might be interested to hear that. WPC managed to take an undefended German city very quickly! Have you heard any other whispers of war from other civs?

scooter - Team RB

Did we never tell them that we met the Germans? Scooter sent a follow-up message saying his teammates have informed him we already know the Germans (they can tell from the diplo screen), but we need to make sure to notify them as we meet new teams, as per our agreement.

Not a bad idea to agree to EP spending limits, though we should have the option to match their EP spending, since they currently have more on us than we do on them. Also, since they were worried about our all-powerful EP strategy, maybe we can get them to agree to let us settle the Stone city wherever we want it in order for us to sign off on an EP spending agreement.

Also, that's nice confirmation that the German city that was razed had been abandoned. I imagine they figured this out based on the soldier numbers from the turn, which I haven't looked at yet.

I sent an apology to scooter on gtalk now for forgetting to tell them about us meeting the germans. He assured me it was no problem, but I must admit I feel pretty embarrassed about that. :/

Top Bottom