1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: RealmsBeyond

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Yep. B3 if we can, then a C spot. And I suspect also an outright lie - they have a team with commitment on par with us, and we never forget to send stuff.

I'd place great emphasis on finding more allies. Good God, why does WPC insist on fighting the Germans? Us and CP, it looks like. I'll start writing a letter to the Germans to see what their opinion on WPC is - is the hostility mutual, or are they willing to bury the hatchet is WPC is?

(Out of curiosity, what did we want the Stone for?)

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Yes, nothing fatal have happened yet. So team, gather up. We settle B3 in 2 turns. We get Stone and Rice. Fuсk fish and corn. We need stone. Corn we have, fish we will find somewhere else.

So, we dont say even a word about it. They settled where we wanted to settle. Smart men dont whine. We wanted to pull this on them, but we got to the idea a bit later. Nothing serious happened. Will log in to play our turn and to think about the "C" city location.

P.S. Very well on not saying a word on this Cal.
    P.P.S. I would have expelled scooter as diplomat with our team, as he is already persona non grata in my eyes. Forgetting... What a lame excuse. As if I am listening a 6-th grade schoolboy. But we keep silent, pretend to be cool and wait for our time. And mind you guys, our time is long long long long long long from this current time. Good things come to those who can wait.

3. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Will we be able to withstand the cultural pressure from both the new city near the oasis, and the barb city they captured in the northeast of the oasis? If so, I agree 100%.

4. 2metraninja

Crossposted with Talons. We need the Stone for number of things. Moai, Oxford, any stone World Wonder we might decide to build. Or even as a bargaining chip, giving it to allies to help their development and earn their gratitude.

Life goes on, the game continues.

5. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I agree wholeheartedly. 2metra: Is there any way you can convince Proviisori that it is in everyone's best interest that they bury their hatchet with the Germans, and allow our diplomats to negotiate an alliance between our three teams against RB?

We wanted to stone to build the 'mids. But stone also helps with building walls quicker, and other wonders as well. But most of all I believe we wanted to deny RB the stone.

Agreed. The only bad thing is that RB has done an aggressive move, and we need to lay good plans for how to deal with that.

Agreed again.

Thank you! :) I will continue to pretend that everything is okay towards scooter in any chat I have with him, until we agree otherwise. When the time comes that we agree otherwise, I suspect GTalk chats will be a point of the past, as I expect that will be a rather heavyhanded message sent via email (or even a war declaration in game). scooter as a person is a nice guy anyways, so I hold no ill will towards him (even though I don't appreciate being lied to, even when I see a clear tactical reason for why he did so - and it's just a game, right? ;)).

I believe all of RB (or at least a majority) is behind this lie, and that he's actually being applauded by them for seemingly having tricked us into believing their lie. Given RB's arrogance, I think this is just up their alley. So I think expulsion is the very last thing they will do to him for this. Promotion sounds more like it, looking at it from RB's point of view.

6. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Btw. We were discussing the possibility of sending RB a message in case they did settle the oasis. The general tone here right now suggests we don't want to.

As I see it, there's no point in saying anything, as what's done here is done - and sending them a message telling them how displeased we are will most likely just make them think us morons and give them an internal laugh in the team. They have clearly stated it is the last city in our direction, in an official mail, so there's no doubt that we now have a border agreement with them (on their terms only :(). But I need feedback here. What do you guys think?

7. 2metraninja

LOL, I meant to send to RB's email a picture of heavy boot kicking some poor bastard's ass and just few lines saying: Scooter is thrown out of CFC embassy for being petty and bad liar. RB, send another diplomat to talk with us if you want to have at all means for communicating with us.

8. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

My first instinct (however rash) was to say that forgetting to send something is completely unacceptable, and make scooter's replacement a prerequisite for further dealing with RB.

Bad idea, of course. And hypocritical - how long did I accidentally leave that last message to UCiv sit?

Nevertheless, it should be noted somewhere, if nowhere but out after-game report.

EDIT: Amusingly similar cross-post with 2metra.

9. 2metraninja

When we settle B3, we will reopen the border agreement discussion.

10. 2metraninja

We might try. But I dont see such alliance happening. Not exactly "happening: as it can happen - we bribe WPC with money to not attack Germans (money is what WPC need most now) then we talk Germans to join us and kill the real monster instead of fight WPC, and we promise Germans WPC will make NAP with them. Then we can prepare and strike at RB. But... at the moment WPC and Germans are "small nations". I have whole theory about the small nations and will share it with you if anyone is interested at some point. Gang ups just dont work. Not now, not with those nations.

I think something very interesting and important went mostly unnoticed. CP are RB's west neighbor. And CP have old record with RB from the last ISDG. And OT4E - CP's leader is exceptional player and most important - fighter. There is where we must direct our sight and hopes for ally to tackle RB in future.

11. 2metraninja

And welcome back Maga and Halfgud to the team :thumbsup:

12. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I am still on a sick leave - so do not have much energy to contribute, barely enough strength to try to kill you in our team game :ar15:

13. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

:lol: Good one!

14. 2metraninja

Get well soon ;)

And I think I give you enough reason to get out the bed by keeping your fighting spirit high lol. I remember reading "John Silver" or other pirate kid's book as a little boy and one of the pirates was heavy wounded. The doctor was not sure if he will made it, but then he said: "He curses and swears, this is good sign. he will live" :D

15. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

I am not convinced that Scooter lied to Cal. If I'm reading Civstats correctly RB found the city on Feb 7th. Scooter said that he thought he sent the message on 6th. There really wasn't a reason to postpone sending the message even further. We wouldn't have had time to protest especially if they would have been pointedly unavailable for that time.

As for settling on or near the midway point to grab the land and resources and then letting the other team know only when it's too late... Now where did I hear that idea before? Oh, wait! It was in this same thread couple of pages back.

My point is that the oasis is still at the midpoint between the capitals. True, settling on midpoint is stretching it. But they did not cross the midpoint. We were considering settling very close to the midpoint as well. Not really much less aggressive a move. Let's just face it. RB just beat us to the point (again). Though it may gall us to just let this one go, I believe that's exactly what we must do.

What is important is that, AFAIK, we've already decided that RB must die. And since we are their neighbours, we must participate in this war. But the important thing is that we must be the ones who decide when the war occurs. If that means leaving strategic land or resources to RB's hands, that is the price we have to pay. If we beat them, it does not really matter if they get the stone and access to isthmus for now.

Now the real question is, when will we attack RB. Unless we can't get long enough NAP with UCiv and SpAp, we have to beat them first and only then go against our main adversary. That means that we'll need to stay in good terms with RB at least for 70 turns or so, according to preliminary schedule 2metra posted in UCiv thread. So I believe we'll still have to grin and bear it for a while longer until we are ready for confrontation.

16. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Thanks for the good wishes and :lol: Indeed, anger can be very energizing sometimes :devil: BTW, playing civ does not require "getting out of the bed", laptops are great inventions :D

Yossarian, sorry for not contributing more to demo hacking, but I really got very sick suddenly and am now slowly recovering

17. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

As an after thought, have we thought of getting indirect help for the war against RB? We know that WPC and Germans will not be very helpful and we can count SpAp out as well. So our primary ally for this endeavour would be CP. But CivFr and Apolyton could contribute as well. I mean any team in their right mind would agree that something has to be done about RB. So if we kindly ask for mercenaries or funds for the war, do you think either of those teams would be willing to contribute?

18. 2metraninja

Apolyton could. Dont know about anything CivFR or Uciv.

19. 2metraninja

Exactly. We were planning this too, and were outplayed, so nothing here to complain about. Only issue I have is how they "forgot" to send the message. Come on, we are reading one and the same school-books, we know those tricks :)

20. 2metraninja

All true.

Absolutely. We wait and play dead fish, we mind our own business and interfere only if something exceptional happens. Like RB attacking WPC or something. And this is in the unlikely even that we happen to not have NAP with them at that time.