1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: RealmsBeyond

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Well, TGW for 2 chopped forest I want for sure. Its a cheap cheapo bargain!

Also, Pyramids. We might have them in some 10 turns. Will be so great to have them... SPI + Pyramids... Thats.. Thats just.... GREAT!

Hanging Gardens! But of course we will enjoy those! +10 pop empirewide? Oh, man, give it to me! Thats like 10 chariots pack or 30 gpt increase! Or 670 gold lump sum? PLUS! +2 GE points (potentially another WW. Plus we will need Aqueduct in Indira anyway!

Moai, of course. We will need it at some point.

Fail gold with +125%? But of course I would take that! 1 pop whipped will give us 67 gold? Why not, who will refuse this?

Oxford when the time comes? Yeah, Oxford in Indira... Oh, sweet sweet.

Those are the things I can think of out of the top of my hat that we will need stone for.

We cant have those all of course, so we will have to choose, even if we have stone from this turn.

And about Yossa's thoughts RB can take all of the stone wonders and wont agree to wonders reservation.. I dont know.. makes perfect sense. But still, we cant be sure. What if we put this as a workaround for them not giving us stone right away to make the NAP deal? Will they start to postpone the NAP until they have the second stone hooked?

2. 2metraninja

{off-topic for Sommers}
    Spoiler :
    BTW Sommers, 5 hours on the timer for ACTA for you to play
    {/off-topic}

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Good point 2metra about them wanting "the last word in an argument". I was thinking this as well and was part of the reason I said "Don't press our luck"

Assuming that they are as arrogant as everyone is assuming, then giving us our way on anything even something small hurts their pride, making them need to demand something from us just to feel like they "won." We don't need to stomp down their feelings into dust... All we need to do is extract the things we NEED and want. If we dont NEED stone right away, there is no reason to push for it right away.

4. 2metraninja

To sum up, we dont have still NAP and a stone deal.

Do we have to wait and not settle B2? Not 100% sure but the threat we can settle our city in inconvenient place had its effect on RB, so I think it is worth to wait even one more turn with settling it until we have our NAP deal complete.

Cal, most important is to ask them to specify date for starting the Stone so we can decide if this fits our plans and is acceptable for us.

Dont tell them anything about Marble yet, and later on, once we have a NAP tell them combination of Sommers text for the marble and mine and just basically dont promise it to them.

5. 2metraninja

Agree, but I think we must ask them for specific date to promise us the Stone. They just wont give it to us if they use it and we dont gain anything by insisting on it.

6. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

If we don't get them to give us a deadline, they can keep delaying. Ask how many turns it will be ready in with the help of our workers roading because we would like to get NAP extension in place.

7. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I agree with 2metra, we definitely want TGW and/or Mids. And we want them fast, it is rather late in the game for them. The chance of loosing them to non-RB team is probably big at this point, but if we build them with stone, we will get very yummy failgold. Without stone, we will just get fail ;-)

I am not sure we will benefit much form non-compete on Wonders agreement with RB. Since we can scoot their territory, we will be able to tell from Espionage if they are building Wonder anywhere. Do we think we can/want never outcompete them?

8. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Ok everyone, I think we are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

RB is going to accept accept gifting stone and spice to us for a NAP to turn 175. The only spin they wanted to put on this is delaying the stone until they hook it up. This is their way of testing how resolute we are about the NAP. If we roll over on getting the stone right away good luck getting it in the next 30 turns. Even then they will make us hook it up with our own worker moves, laughing the whole time.

But since the NAP is what is really important to them they made it very clear that if we really wanted the stone right away they would do that.

We aren't pressing our luck. We should just stand our ground and say stone and spice immediately and for the duration of the NAP until turn 175. We will be happy to visit the marble issue with them once we have it hooked up but it is not part of this deal.

They want the NAP guys, and they know that the stone and spices is reparations for spoiling our own stone city. We have the initiative so lets use it.

9. 2metraninja

This is true, but it is also true that we still have 29 turns of NAP. So they can delay finalizing the deal. What? In 10 turns we dont want NAP with them anymore? But here is the other side of the medal - they most probably will want to be sure they will get NAP. They believe themselves so much, they only need the other to do nothing, so they can win.

Maybe we make something in the middle? We say we agree to wait 5 more turns for the stone and delivery must start from turn 106. If this is their only or 1001-th stone we dont really care. We want stone on turn 106. Thats it - accept the NAP or reject the NAP. M?

10. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Sounds good to me, and give them a deadline for getting back to us. We need to know their answer by the end of next turn. Leave the settler in position to settle either stone 1st-ring or 2nd ring, so they get the picture. You disagree, you lose the NAP and we settle aggressively.

11. 2metraninja

Yes, this was my intention too. I will even move it to B3 :)

12. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

No 5 turn delay on the stone. They will give it to us now.

13. 2metraninja

What we do if they say: "Because we cant give it now, we prefer to wait 15 more turns before we come and start NAP negotiations again. Thanks for your consideration, guys"

14. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Then we say come back with the 5 turn offer. Again, we aren't pressing our luck here- we are going with what Scooter told us.

15. 2metraninja

I went to read the exact transcript of the chat and here is what Scooter says exactly:

As a non-native English speaker, I looked up what exactly glitch means and here is what Wikipedia says:

"Transient" and "corrects itself" sounds to me like "if we postpone the deal by 10 turns, this glitch will correct itself". Am I right?

How would you explain this? "We wont give it to you because we use it" or "we will try not to give it to you, not because we need it, but because you would not got it earlier than 10 turns if A1 was settled by you anyway"?

This does not sounds absolutely firm to me too.
    "If". Not the same as "is that an issue to you to we wait until the surplus is hooked?"

Or I am trying too much to read in his words?

Our position could be: We need Stone in the next 2-3 turns and if you cant spare your other Stone to give to us, then we will just settle our city to have Stone in our first ring and connect it in 2 turns, thanks. Then we can wait to start negotiations for the NAP again, as we will be not waiting anymore. Comments?

16. 2metraninja

Reading to the bottom of it, I see the last reply from Scooter where he actually tell that they are willing to give us only the "new" stone source:

17. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I'm trying to make sense of all this. I will comment shortly.

18. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

I think I'm with cav scout here. They're the ones that have taken the initiative by settling the stone city, I think we have every right to demand the stone that they are about to get.

19. 2metraninja

They agreed to handle it once they get it, but this will be in some 8-10 turns and we are trying to find a way to make them give us their stone which they have already connected and not to wait for the isthmus stone to get connected.

20. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

I just talked quickly to scooter, as I felt a clarification question was in order. Here's the transcript. This may help us make a decision.