1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: RealmsBeyond

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Good job, Cal. And I must say the most convenient outcome of this long-long diplomatic dance. BTW, it all links/fits with our thinking/prognosis about what are they aiming at and what we should ask for. We should go on and accept that "spices right now and stone t106 for sure and maybe even t105" offer. For us (if we decide quick that we will push for The Pyramids for sure and we find that Teras is the best possible spot for them, need to make research, as I have 1 other possibility in my mind to check), it will not even slow things. It will cost us in hammers the equivalent of some 1 or 2 axes lost due to not having stone right from this turn, so it is absolutely acceptable.

2. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Wait what turn are we on now, 100?

What turn were we wanting to start working on stone wonders?

We could respond with something like:

To Be Continued...

3. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

We are on turn 103 actually, cav. It seems the turn log is backlogged at the moment. Which brings to mind that we probably need to appoint a turn logger or two soon to relieve some of 2metraninja's work so he doesn't have to do everything by himself :)

4. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Well that does make 105 sound more reasonable for stone.

I would still prefer to get it right now. We can swear that they can have HG. But we want stone now so they will have to pay a few extra hammers so we don't have to with our wonders. Let them know they are actually getting off really easy as there are some at CFC who were even talking about how they have abrogated the current NAP with their unannounced and provocative city.

We are going to settle B1 right?

5. 2metraninja

t105 (or in worst case scenario t106) is great. I only wanted to bring to the team attention that we might want to make it more official. Like the Amazonian style treaty. But then we must decide what is to be included and what we want to agree to. For example - the clauses for telling the other if we know/see someone is arming to attack the other? Or do we want a clause for not arming other nations which we know have hostile intentions? Or espionage spending - we dont have clause for that with our current proposal.

6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

First of all to Caledorn and 2metra... Well done, you guys are f-ing bosses!:yeah:

Second, to cavscout, really impressive getting the team to push harder... your instincts were dead on.

I would take you three with me into a Cold War negotiation any day of the week.

I really think that we must pull the trigger and accept this deal. We got everything we want, they get what they want, there really is no downside save the vanity of two turn which they could just stall anyway. The whole point was to NOT mention their aggressive settlement so we can cash that in later. To bring it up now to get stone 2 turns earlier seems... I'm not quite sure how to say it, but let's not do it.

As for the official treaty, I share your concerns 2metra, but at some point we have to give people some credit for keeping their word on its face. One thing I would like, is to have the promise exchanged by email as Caledorn has said that email is what Scooter considers binding.

Can we accept the deal now with a simple quick email asking for confirmation?

7. 2metraninja

I can come with an official version of this treaty to be signed. My only concern is they might see it as additional things we want to push forward with the NAP deal.

Coming in minutes with the text of the agreement, and then we can decide if we send it like this or keep it informal.

8. Sommerswerd

I think we just send them this email:

9. 2metraninja

I think this sums up all we want from them and what they will agree to.

Comments?

10. Sommerswerd

Please wait to send this until after we send a message accepting the free stone on t105-106

This treaty will take them 2 days legit to read and discuss:(

Plus they will associate it with Team AMAZON, which needs to be fixed. Just lets just send them the email I posted above while we work on the treaty.

I HATE that espionage clause BTW... Why would we promise such a thing?

11. 2metraninja

We can remove it of course. Just I was thinking that whoever have the better economy have the better espionage usually and for the time being this is going to be RB. I would hate to be victim of espionage sabotages, especially if I was the one who fought to have espionage fully enabled.

On the other hand, we are SPI :satan:

12. 2metraninja

Lets send this and continue the game. We lost enough time and efforts with this.

13. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

I also agree with sending the short email message that Sommerswerd posted. Very important to get this sent ASAP, so we can get confirmation before the turn flips, so we can finally settle our city.

14. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Don't send the Amazonian treaty outline to RB- they'll look at it and roll their eyes.

15. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

What a splendid display of succesfully conducted gunboat diplomacy. The gunboat here being a threat of a nasty city placement. IMO, we should send the short message immediately. We should probably add the promise of giving them our first surplus wine to the message though, as we promised it already in the earlier message. Also if we want to get quick approval without any unnecessary reiteration, we could add to the message that if they agree, we wont settle the spot our settler is standing on.

16. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

I agree. Let's get this out soon.

Again, I agree. But we need to distill that information and put it into another format.

17. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Scooter told Caledorn that they're getting their own wines online shortly, so they don't want ours. They want our marble, instead (well, the marble that is currently in contested land sitting between us, the Spaniards and UCiv).

I think we've reached consensus that we want to accept the deal of Spice immediately, Stone on T106 (or T105), and NAP to T175, so I am going to go ahead and send the message posted by Sommers.

Edit: Sent. Actually copied 2metra's version into the email. Didn't notice any difference between the two until now. Only difference is that 2metra's clarifies that they start gifting the Spice this turn.

18. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

More feedback from scooter/RB:

19. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

My thought is waiting until T106 is fine. We don't need to give up those things to get stone one turn earlier.

20. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Agreed. Are we going to use the stone on turn 105? If not, then there's no reason to take it then.