1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: Spanish Apolyton

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

@2metra, best drop this. There is no way in hell it would work and there is something to loose - good atmosphere and such. Let us be gracious winners. And if you prefer more practical arguments, perhaps we may even annoy them further by continuing to refuse to hear what they have told us several times already.

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I love how much efforts are thrown in telling what not to do instead what actually to do. Not telling and not doing anything is the easiest thing to do. But good things come to those who do things and tell things?

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

I thought it might be nice to put all the proposed messages to SpAp in one place so we can compare and decide which we want to send, or if we want to send them anything at all.

Sommers #1:
    Yossa:
    Sommers#2:
    2metra:
    Maga made a good point that made me start thinking about this in terms on end-goals... Obviously SpAp will die a grisly death... and soon. CivFr we will be dealing with for some time after, maybe for the rest of the game, the way things seem to be going.

So is badmouthing CivFr a good idea long-term if we want to make peace and kiss-up to them?

4. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

That's a good point Sommers. My vote is for your second message. Let's just have a little more fun with these guys while they're still around.

5. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I vote for Sommers #2 :D Somebody also proposed to change religion to the correct one, Jewish :lol:

6. Sommerswerd

We could even throw "Sheeporrists" in there somewhere since Yossa liked it so much:D

7. 2metraninja

After all, I am OK to send nothing of real mean and maybe send them Sommer's #2

8. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

@Sommers, no, I did not mean it that way.

What I wanted to say it that Spanish team has been showing a real sportsmanship here -dying with honor and without whining, even letting us feel good about killing them and keep sending us these hilariously funny emails :goodjob: Perhaps we can make them to feel a bit more depressed and bitter about being killed - but is it really what we want to do? I agree that they "deserve" to be eliminated because they did not play it very well in terms of the civ skills. But as I said, they have shown excellent sportmanship - not trying to make us feel guilty or bad about winning this war, not alleging any kind of wrongdoing on our part (e.g. deceiving them into thinking that we may want some kind of alliance with them), so I really think they deserve our respect and not any "unnecessary" meanness. And there is this proverb - at least in my country - that kicking those that have already fallen is not a nice thing to do :(

Summarizing, they are letting us feel good about winning this war - a rare gift, at least in my civ experience so far. Let us reciprocate this favor but not making them feel even worse that I am sure they are already feeling anyway :(

9. vranasm

vranasm Deity

I have to agree with Maga

spain showed good sportsmanship, we should show too...

10. 2metraninja

Patronizing and treating them with pity is not good thing either.

I dont know what we can say without risking anything. Is there anything that we can say without risking them thinking something?

One of the reasons I want we to keep sending them messages is that we influence indirect the French. When French ask: "did you get something from CFC?" then Spaniards say: yes, they keep the correspondence quick and we talk some things. Then French will feel cold in their bones: "Why dont those guys talk with us? What they want? What they plan? It is clear they plan something on us if they dont talk to us, but talk freely with the dying Spaniards!"

11. Sommerswerd

@ Maga- I did not mean to say that I was agreeing with what you said:) or that what you were saying was similar to my point about not badmouthing CivFr. All I was saying is that your point was good, and that it got me thinking about things and that led me to think of something else.

Does that make sense?

So anyway are we sending the note to SpAp or not?

12. 2metraninja

I want we to send message, just dont know what to say.

13. vranasm

vranasm Deity

Well what about something like

"Dear Sheeporists,
    we have to inform you that those treacherous French come for your sheep.

This we can't allow, all your sheeps belong to us.

CFC"

14. 2metraninja

We run again in to the considerations Sommers had about not speaking bad for French, because after Spaniards are dead, we will have to make peace with French.

15. Sommerswerd

Send this:

16. 2metraninja

Sending.

17. 2metraninja

Sent.

18. 2metraninja

And, we were not disappointed by the Spaniards:

[off-topic]
    Spoiler :
    I think I will join one of their pitbosses once I clear some of my current games. I think the fun is guaranteed :)

[/off-topic]

19. Sommerswerd

A response:

20. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Perhaps, since our religion is Jewish, we should say that eating sheeps would be to us almost as abominable as eating pigs? And that we put sheeps in jail only if they ... misbehave ;)