1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: The CivPlayers League

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Why do we care if he attacks WPC? Don't we already have lands to develop ourselves?

I like the clause that no one can gift any military units to anybody during the NAP. That is a good section.

2. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

We don't mind him attacking WPC, as long as we don't give him time to benefit from it.

3. Sommerswerd

I would almost rather that he attacks someone TBH. If he is attacking WPC at the same time while we and Poly are attacking CivFr, he will not be able to help them.

4. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

wpc has nothing so 20 cavalries will be more then enough.

5. talonschild

Should we at least warn them?

6. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Plus, it is still t188 I think, where we have NAP with French to t210. 20 turns were enough to crush RB, what to speak about WPC...

CP will get nice land from WPC. It is whole nation land. We have our land to develop, but if ot4e gets all the WPC land, he will be bigger than us with quite a lot. And with long NAP with us he will have time to develop it. Or with shorter NAP with MZ than us, MZ will be able to conquer the ex-WPC land.

Letting Ot4e have his WPC fief is OK if we manage to conquer reasonably easy and quick CivFR. But even then, Ot4e will have his lands at least 20 turns before us. He will be set-up his land when we will first be starting to recover from the war.

I still dont know if we must give them NAP.

7. 2metraninja

Yes, we can tell them what we suspect. I will do that. We must tell Uciv what ot4e is up to too. Maybe they will jump at them when their NAP ends???

8. Sommerswerd

The only reason to not give CP a NAP is if we want to attack CP. If we are not under any circumstances attacking CP, then its folly not to get a nice long NAP with them. I repeat, let them have WPC. We don't need it. We have CivFr to worry about.

9. talonschild

FWIW, you've won me over - even a super-CP won't be able to survive a dogpile if CivFr is gone.

10. vranasm

vranasm Deity

CP taking wpc land should mean they end score #1? hurray...easier diplo for us imo...

let's deal with the sneaky CivFR together with Poly and if CP is still #1 after they take WPC... even better for us since Poly will want to dogpile CP with us and not the other way around...

11. 2metraninja

I thought more on the ot4e-wpc-civfr case and I think we have no win-win move in this. Even if we dont allow ot4e to have wpc or take it from him after he conquers them by not giving him NAP now, we are still pretty ed up if french are alive. If we are afraid it will become a trench war when we fight french in cooperation with MZ, then what better we can expect if we fight french and ot4e at the same time?
    WPC will be disputed area, we could had hoped for 3 cities there at best anyway. And we might instigate Uciv to attack CP at some point as Uciv were talking like WPC are mainly their lebensraum.

But I think Uciv have NAP with CP. Maybe, just maybe, at some point Uciv will be willing to join MZ and us against CP and French if they are still alive?

I have the feeling that here and now we are deciding the outcome of the game. From how we play the politics now depends how the game will end. I am worried that I have no clear vision what is the best move.

12. 2metraninja

Very true words. Also I think Uciv might be willing to join us vs possible Ot4e-French alliance. Will be even easier to persuade them if Ot4e has stolen their lebensraum and is clearly bigger and stronger than them. Last time Uciv was not keen on attacking the leader, but they were expecting to have their WPC lands easier and only for themselves. Now, they will be conquered by CP. And Uciv will have to take part in the big politics or just be small and unimportant to the end of the game.

13. 2metraninja

Sent:

14. 2metraninja

It was more than a week and CP said nothing still. Do we tell them because so long time they say nothing, we retract our offer and send them our 20-turns warning in advance to make them more easy on the talks?

15. 2metraninja

In other news, www.civplayers.com is down and for sale :( I asked Ot4e about it and he said most probably no one wants to pay the hosting for the site :( Sad story.

16. 2metraninja

Edit: It seems to work now. Cool :)

17. Sommerswerd

I have seen this happen from time to time with these sites. CFC one time too IIRC

18. 2metraninja

We need the new NAP agreement with CP which have no the espionage-clause, otherwise we cant steal Scientific Method and Communism from them. In our current treaty we have a clause for espionage.

Should I push for it to make them decide quicker?

19. Sommerswerd

I thought Ot4e was the one who was desperate to have the NAP signed?:confused:

Now he does not want it anymore? Is that what you are saying? Or you just will follow up and remind him about it. Either way we have to know so we can plan properly.

20. 2metraninja

Few things on the matter from this morning:

- Bistrita happened to have a chat with the Uciv turnplayer and captain Zioun. Zioun is very angry at Ot4e and consider "stopping" of their NAP. Is it outright breaking of the NAP or they have some clause to get out of it is unclear.

This is good for us, as I and Vranasm said we just gained another ally and ot4e gained another enemy.

- Uciv had sent a letter to CP telling them how pissed they are.

Not 100% sure if it is coincidence or consequence, but Ot4e was not answering the whole week and now he pops up and want to discuss the NAP :)

So, this is where we stand so far. Comments?