1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: The Germans

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

There might be a barb that we can't see which is threatening that Quecha. This would explain the fortify. Or it could be that the turn player is waiting on authorization from his team to do the open border agreement with us and will then move the Quecha.

2. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

This explains why they haven't accepted our OB offer or moved their Quechua. They haven't logged into the game for 4 days!

Regarding the pause, I don't have any problem pausing if a team has trouble playing turn. But it's again pretty inconsiderate of the Germans to remain silent, making us have to figure out what's going on to try to keep some fairness in the game. They're already the team responsible for the slow turn pace, I really wish they would make a greater effort to keep this game moving. :(

If we are going to pause, we need to do it now. Less than 2 hours on the clock.

3. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Yes, not nice on their side to not inform us about possible problems they might have playing their turns.

But helping keep their team alive is very very important for the game. Early drop can ruin the whole game.

4. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Message received from the Germans:

Not a whole lot here that needs a response. I'm glad we did get OB with them in the end, hopefully they don't spend too much time snooping around our cities. I'd say we should offer directions to reach the Spaniards in our next message to them. They say they're too far behind our research for coordination to work at this moment, so definitely no need to share any future research plans with them. It would be nice to know how their war efforts are going. Also would be nice to learn how far east RB has expanded. Their info might be outdated at this point, but would still be much more recent than our own.

5. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Double Post

6. 2metraninja

Definitely agree on the "RB East" question.

7. 2metraninja

Just had quite interesting chat with Flunky of DE. Will post transcript from it tomorrow, but the general points were Germans are glad the war finally ended, they have something like NAP with RB and dont suspect them in attacking them, while Germans suspect us of plotting to attack Spaniards in the next 30 turns.

8. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

If we can get the Germans to believe we helped to broker/encourage the peace deal they have with WPC that could be helpful for us. We need to continue laying the seeds for a dogpile against RB.

9. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

We should only do that if we actually did help, as telling a lie of that magnitude could backfire upon us massively..

10. 2metraninja

:) We did helped and I did not missed the opportunity to say it. Good thinking, Cav. Flunky did not commented on it though. As for RB, he said few times things about RB. As how they are double their score and how we both /B] will need their land, so they are not blind and they know who our biggest common competitor will be. WIll post the whole chat tonight. On hurry to work now.

11. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Hail, wise Inca,

We are glad you've managed to negotiate peace with the Native Americans. We fear for both your empire and WPC's should you have kept fighting. We must know, for our future planning, your intentions on WPC - do you plan to rearm and restart the war, or would you be willing to walk away and rebuild?

The Indian Council of CFCers Who Showed Up

12. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Curious about the chat

13. 2metraninja

Very good reminder, Maga. Was postponing this for few days already... Heavy load at work lately, Few games coming back to life after WPC server crashed + I participate in one duel tournament, which eats even more from my civ-time.

14. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

I as well am curious. Perhaps we have our first participant in Operation "Keep Realms Within (where they belong)" or the "Quest to Keep RB from Running Away with the Game";)

15. 2metraninja

Here is the chat with Germans turn player Flunky from turn 97:

Spoiler :

16. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

I noticed a comment about us both needing RB's land. Did I read that right? Maybe they want to attack RB (if only they did not have to worry about WPC:()

17. SilentConfusion

SilentConfusion Emperor

That's how I read it. That we would both need RBs land. That is more incentive for us to try and derail or divert WPC's jihad on Civforum.de

18. 2metraninja

I dont know why I did not asked for clarification back then. "Later" might be too late for Germans. I think this is what stopped me.

And what "Peace in our time" mean. "For now"?

19. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

It's probably just a reference to the default response you click when meeting a new civ and you don't make any deals. I wouldn't read much more into it than that. We should be careful so we don't fall into a trap of analyzing everything that's being said in diplomacy to the point that we analyze it too much. :)

20. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Could be also a reference to British PM Neville Chamberlain's famous speech after Münich conference in 1938. In that context it would mean basically peace for now but nothing more.