Foreign Policy: WePlayCiv

Will we be able to move around our garrisons to ensure happiness so we can send out wine one turn early? Either way, we should let them know. It sounds like they're basing some plans around when they'll get the happiness.

Yes. Just as giving away 15 gold when to Apolyton when we need money most. Sends strong signal. Friends are best known for being there in times of need and for first giving, then asking what you will give them.

My main civ computer have some problems with "delayed writing failed on D:" and I suspect the HDD is about to die soon, so I use my backup netbook and generally forgot to write that we might be better off with gifting Silk right now for 10 turns as we can connect Silk this turn, but not Wine (second wine is connected next turn) and we will have 1 unhappy pop in Indira after we switch to Representation. Oh, well, it was under-looking on my side. Lets think of this as investment in relations with WPC.

Yes, 1 turn. 10 beakers, which can translate at some point in to 1 turn late to something, losing a major race (Liberalism or Taj), etc. But this is what the situation is, so...

Sorry about that. I know you had mentioned earlier that it would be better to offer spices instead of wine, but based on this screenshot:
Spoiler :

I thought it would be ok to offer the wines. I was actually surprised they were asking about them

Yes, yes, I was not sure myself too. Not a big thing, we can compensate with running 1 scientist at deficit food if we decide we need it.

And food deficit might prove still better than friend deficit :)

When I logged into the game earlier I was greeted with this:

Spoiler :

Nice of them to continue scouting for us. I think we should inform them that we have secured a NAP with UCiv. I tried to say something on the trade screen, but it didn't let me type anything in (I don't think), so I just accepted the 1 gold for 1 gold trade. I have no idea why they offered the trade, but I figured it couldn't hurt anything.

Does this mean we can't DoW them now for 10 turns since we agreed to a deal or something?

:) 1 gold is offered only to have something the diplo-screen to carry some real offer instead of only typed message, because typed messages are sometimes lost in the game (obviously game bug). When there is some kind of deal in the diplo-screen, even if mere 1 gold proposed, the game consider this diplo-screen important and delivers it along with the message (which is the real important thing in this case). And because of the competitive character of the game, it is not only they propose 1 gold, but they ask for one gold too to not be charged 1 gold for sending us a message.

So no, no devious plan here. WPC have been only friendly towards us till now I think.

At our request, WPC is keeping an eye on UCiv's movements between our borders. I think we should let them know that we have signed a NAP with UCiv and they can move their scouts out of the area if they want. Otherwise they might get upset if UCiv tells them about our NAP first, and here they are trying to do us a favor by monitoring any potential mobilization near our border.

What are our long-term objectives with WPC? They're probably too weak to make much of a difference in this game, so their friendship isn't the most important thing we should be after. Also, I'm a little concerned about what them converting to Hinduism might mean. Are they cozying up to RB? On the other hand, they've been good allies so far, and they've shown themselves to be more reliable than a lot of the other teams. What do you guys think?

At our request, WPC is keeping an eye on UCiv's movements between our borders. I think we should let them know that we have signed a NAP with UCiv and they can move their scouts out of the area if they want. Otherwise they might get upset if UCiv tells them about our NAP first, and here they are trying to do us a favor by monitoring any potential mobilization near our border.
Very good idea, I did not realized they still keep those units there on purpose.

I'm a little concerned about what them converting to Hinduism might mean. Are they cozying up to RB?
Might be, or maybe only doing what is best for their nation - everyone needs religion and if they have only RB's, why not?

they've been good allies so far, and they've shown themselves to be more reliable than a lot of the other teams.
Exactly.

Here's a quick potential message to WPC to touch upon the points I raised in the above post.

Hi Tatu and Team WPC,

How are you guys doing? We just wanted to say hi and give you our tremendous thanks for the support you have shown us during our war. The archers are extremely useful, and we also appreciate the information you have given us about troop movements in the area between us and UCiv. We wanted to let you know that we have been able to secure a NAP with UCiv, so we should be safe from them for the time being. We look forward to a long future of cooperation with your team!

Kind Regards,
Team CFC

Top Bottom