1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: WePlayCiv

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

He does not seem to be worried, true. But there is another explanation than their pact with RB. They may simply lack imagination ;-) Their war with Germans was not such a good idea, no reason to assume their play now is ideal.

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

What we do about this?

We have NAP till t175 (it was not 100% clear how we treat this, as the last thing we said was we "WOULD sign NAP to t175 if they tell us what they think on the RB threat, to which they did not said much and there the talking died, but this is some word advocating). Generally, they were nice to us and they consider we have NAP and we did not said "we dont have" so it is maybe OK to say that we have NAP.

From here on, do we want extended NAP with them without discussing more? Like asking them what are their relations with RB?

And one more thing. We agreed on a deal archers for wines. But back then we spoke we will send each-other formal texts with specific deal, but this never happened. Also, we spoke about 5-6 archers initially, where they sent only 3. Do we tell we will provide wines to t175 where our current deals end at last) or we say we need to renegotiate the deal?

My personal opinion is we lose nothing much in being nice to those guys, just as they were nice to us. Even if they are going to ally RB against Germans, we cant really judge them harsh. They are somewhat forced to dance with the devil, so they just follow the music and might happen that later they turn against RB and keep friendly to us. Another consideration to have hidden ace as a potential friend and ally is the post- RB era. CP and Poly most probably will look at us
    as the next uber-monster and a friendly border will be handy.

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

One thing to consider... If we have a NAP with them to turn 175 and a NAP with RB to turn 175 and RB tells WPC "We already asked CFC to extend to turn 200 and they don't respond/refuse. Go ask CFC to extend to turn 200 with you. Let's see how quick they will do it with you while telling us its 'too soon' to extend to the same turn."

4. 2metraninja

Very good thought, Sommers. We need to think how to deal with this :)

5. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

We didn't tell RB that it is too soon. In fact we have yet to answer to RBs message. Also I am not too worried about how RB interprets it if they find out that we've extended other NAPs but theirs. There is not much they can do about it except for preparing for war. And that they'll be able to do that in time anyway.

I think we can safely agree on longer NAP with WPC. In fact I think we could even try to ask if they'd be willing to go even longer. I don't know exactly how long the war with RB is expected to be but even if we can finish it before turn 200, I'd say WPC is not going to be our top target after that anyway.

6. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

We should get back to WPC's NAP extension request. Personally, I am pretty sure that this extension will be a good thing, but I do think it is a bit too early still. If everything goes according to plan and we dogpile RB on T175, then we definitely will want to have this NAP extension in place. But if anything happens between now and then to change our timing a bit, we may still want to have the option open to take a nice city or two along our northern border.

I think stalling by replying with questions is a good strategy. What are their overall objectives, who else do they have NAP's with, what are their plans for this stage in the game, do they have any wars planned, etc. Once we have that information from them, it will be easier to say how we want to proceed. Plus, it might give us some insight into RB's planning if they are indeed both intending to carve up the Germans soon.

7. Sommerswerd

Does WPC Border the Germans? Maybe they are planning to help RB attack the Germans and share the land?

8. 2metraninja

Yes, this is what I am convinced in from some time. Looking at the graphs tells the same story.

9. Sommerswerd

Then should we try to get them to admit this before giving them any NAP? Just keep asking and asking, and stalling on the NAP until they admit it?

Or since now that we are convinced they are RB allies, should we ask them for a long extension on the NAP that forbids them from having any trades, DP's, NAPs, and overall just cripples their ability to help RB in any way once the War with RB starts?

10. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Do we want to try to catch WPC on chat about this, or just send them an email response? If we decide to go with an email, here is a suggestion to get the ball rolling.

Slightly off-topic, but one thing I've been meaning to caution about is the screenshots we shared with them awhile ago. Unless they were edited, they contain some pretty sensitive information, such as our mini-map (shows who we've traded maps with), and our research capacity at the time. If WPC is indeed cooperating with RB, we have to at least consider the fact that they shared those screenshots with RB. Just something to keep in mind...

11. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I would wait with "If it going to work..." paragraph until they agree.

12. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

My guess is that they are more like trying to ride two horses with one ass. I believe they have some level of cooperation with RB, but I think they are not quite chummy with them either. I think they want to benefit off RB, but wouldn't be too bothered if someone kicks RB's butt after they've got what they wanted (i.e. some German land).

13. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

:lol: Is this a proverb in Norway?

14. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

I'm not from Norway ;) I think it is an English proverb or idiom. I guess most of the time people use "riding two horses at once" but as that's actually something you can do if you stand up on the horses' backs, I like the one I used more. BTW, Finnish equivalent would translate to "sitting on two chairs at the same time".

15. Sommerswerd

In US we call it "riding the fence":D

16. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Sorry, I knew you were Finnish, but so many guys from Norway around here got me confused. Olen pahoillani.

PS. Your version is definitely more colorful then "riding the fence" ;-)

17. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

We just got a follow-up email from WPC:

The only response regarding the actual content of my proposed message above is that we should leave out the last paragraph for now, so I will send it with that revision in the next few hours unless anyone objects here before that.

18. 2metraninja

We must wait with responding to them.

First lets respond to RB. I believe SOmmers had right about WPC and RB exchanging info on this matter.

19. Sommerswerd

Yeah I dont think we should extend with anyone right now because it will undermine our statement to RB that we are wating on NAP extensions.

20. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Well then should we reply to them telling them that? I don't think we should ignore them. They have been good friends and allies so far.