1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: WePlayCiv

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Tell them we are still discussing it. Which we are.

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Tell them we are democratic team and as a result getting consensus is a time consuming process.

3. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

In main lines, we hear what we want to hear. But! Proviisori is not completely honest. He speaks about German rise in power, where everyone with visibility on both teams graphs can see clear it was WPC and RB power which went high way before poor Germans realized what is coming their way. Not very good lie, dear Proviisori. Shallow. How far we can believe the rest of his words?

4. 2metraninja

Another thing that is alarming to me - how could main diplomat dont know that there is war outbreak in the game? Speaks about the level of communication in their team.

5. vranasm

vranasm Deity

I think I would believe that RB didn't made more promise then "we fight 2v1 germans" and I think the next target will be WPC for them if they can secure our border with NAP

6. 2metraninja

Yes, I think this is the case too. "Give me this, take that and we are goodbye after this". Like Germans giving Marble to RB and 20 turns later find themselves attacked.

So in fact, we must be OK with signing NAP with WPC. Only thing that bothers me is that we must see up to what turn WPC have NAP with RB. Because if they have longer with us than RB, then RB can take all their land and we cant take anything. Or we can use WPC as allies in the upcoming conflict with RB? What good they will be I only wonder. They still lack Currency :eek::confused:

7. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Yeah, let's find out how long their NAP with RB will last. That'll be important info to have. We should also try to convince them to hold off on attacking as long as possible. It sounds like their portion of the war spoils are already guaranteed, so the longer that RB has to fight on their own, the better.

8. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

So are we going to gobble up their exposed worker and try to entice their stack to come off the hill and attack us? Do we beeline for their capital? Do we go after their stack on the hill to destroy it?

They might have theor stack on the hill as a "fleet-in-being" to discourage us from making a rapid and deep penetration. If we ignore it they might try to strike into our lands and raze a few cities just to make their death costly.

9. 2metraninja

In other news, it begun. RB and WPC were together online and I checked and APT site told me WPC declared war to Germans.

10. 2metraninja

Something which came to my mind while listening to "Down with the sickness" :D

We must send mail to Uciv telling them roughly this:

"RB sees allies in the most strange places and decided to supports our enemies SpAp giving them Elephants. But this turned not big obstacle to us and we continue the war with success. CivFR came to threaten us with war and obviously they are with alliance with the Spaniards. We declared them a war and now we prepare to fight them too. We are wondering if RB have anything to do with this all which happens around us. Do you have any information about something which can throw more light on the situation for us?"

11. 2metraninja

And of course, we must tell Uciv about RB trying to bribe us to war with Uciv.

12. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Looks good.

13. 2metraninja

Short chat with Proviisori of WPC. I said "Hello" couple of days ago, and he replied just now, but I already forgot what I was about to talk to him.

14. 2metraninja

I want to continue the discussion about the NAP with WPC. Basically, we need to give them NAP, as otherwise they will just jump in the RB camp and we will be bordering 2 hostile nations at t175. But, how long NAP we do want with WPC? What clauses we want included in it? Do we want some promises from them? What do we use them for? Or simply have one border to worry for less?

15. Sommerswerd

We still have not addressed what we will say to RB when WPC tells them that we gave them a nice long NAP.

I think we should say something like this:

16. 2metraninja

One chat I made today. We have not what to fear from, that information will leak to RB, but we have much to gain if we speak to people and give them ideas and look for their reaction/opinion.

17. Sommerswerd

The one thing I did not like about the chat was you calling it the "anti-RB alliance"

I am worried that this exact line comes back to bite us somehow:(... we will see, maybe, maybe not.

Everything else I thought was very good and useful information. At least we know that there is a possibility to get some help against CivFr from WPC. Maybe with a NAP with WPC and a bunch of their units on loan we can bring CivFr conflict to some kind of truce :dunno:?

At very least, it will keep WPC from joining RB against us... "Sorry RB we can't act against CFC they have half our army on loan and they will obviously just keep it if we betray them.";)

18. 2metraninja

Our diplomacy slow and insecure, but still starts to give fruits:

19. 2metraninja

Sadly, the expected fruits were frozen and rotten before even becoming a ripe fruit. WPC and Germans are fighting heavily, while RB are breezing ahead and capturing empty German cities. The 3 Great Generals we saw born last turn were 2 for Germans and 1 for WPC. WPC lost their main stack including all their 19 catapults. So there is nothing we can hope to get from WPC as left-overs from their war trading them for the land between us. :(

20. Sommerswerd

19 Catapults lost?!?:cry:

They need some Ninja-Generals :ninja: