1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: WePlayCiv

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Some good news :)

2. 2metraninja

And some worrisome realization: RB are capturing all the cities so far from Germans. I think they went over the number they were supposed to take and now they capture those promised to WPC. How are WPC going to get those cities I just cant imagine. Are they staying forever RB??

3. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Seriously. For the past two or three cities RB has taken, I keep thinking " that has to be the last one, otherwise what will WPC get our of this?" Yet, RB keeps taking more cities, growing their empire larger and larger. :(

4. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Perhaps WPC will tell us what is their land dividing agreement with RB? We will know soon anyway.

5. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Ha what is WPC going to do?

"Hey RB what about our share?"
    "Come take it! :lol: "

6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Maybe RB promised to help them attack and conquer a neighbor, and that is what WPC is getting out of this. RB keeps all the German lands but then WPC gets all the XYZ neighbour lands.

7. 2metraninja

I think WPC told us about their agreement with RB. If I remember correct, those are 5 German cities for WPC.

8. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

So why are we surprised? RB took more than WPC told us? Perhaps RB is waiting till end of the war, to avoid gifting cities while at war?

9. 2metraninja

They cant gift cities, it is forbidden by the rules.

10. Sommerswerd

That's why I think there is more involved than just the German cities.

11. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Ah, I missed that :( But it also means that CivFr behavior towards SpAp was not that strange - they could not simply give Chinook back, right? So the only somewhat strange part was that they did not make it completely clear they are abandoning the city on purpose ...

12. 2metraninja

WPC's captain Beta caught me in another game and he repeated his plea for us to give them right to settle the banana jungle between our 2 teams. He said that they will need that place "now even more" after RB tricked them and they got nothing from the German land.

I wanted it for ourselves initially, but few of our team had said that we dont really need it as it is not much good spot... I agree we can give it to them.

13. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

If they want the land they have to tell us what the deal was with RB before we can consider the land.

14. 2metraninja

They told us what was their deal. Beta was complaining how RB tricked them and did not gave them what they promised. They both attack Germans and WPC get 5-6 northern cities. Where they got none

15. Sommerswerd

So since RB tricked them, now of course they are ready to join the dogpile against RB right? :yup:

Because otherwise it just sounds like RB expanded at our expense... WPC ignores our advice, gets into bed with RB, and then when RB cheats them they come to us saying "Hey, RB owes us some land and cities, but they did not/will not pay... so guess what? CFC, you can pay for them :confused:

I don't see how RB cheating them is OUR problem :dunno:... It is almost like this was the plan all along... "We (RB) will take all German lands, you (WPC) help us, and then you can go take yours from CFC. If CFC tries to resist you then we (RB) will help you take it by force, just as you helped us against Germans... our NAP with CFC should be over by then...;)"

The more I think about it, the more I think this is exactly what is happening. I guess even if this is the case we have no choice but to go along with it.

16. 2metraninja

:) this is only 1 so-so city land, Sommers. And yes, beta said "If you ever consider going after RB, consider us too. But I know WPC have long-long NAp with Rb - dont know exact date, and the next thing I know is WPC are weak of the weakest nation in the game now. So, OK, we will consider them, but until the time comes for us to consider them, RB will be either gone or decimated, or there will be no power in this game to oppose RB anymore, what to speak the impact poor WPC could make at that point.

I seriously consider giving them NAP till t 200 only. I dont remember well, was this what they asked for? If so, then great, WPC and Uciv have NAP till t200 too, so we will be able to make a move if Uciv jumps at WPC and we can have our share of them too. Sadly, but with their actions they had put themselves in the outsider position and we can not allow our good feelings for the nice guys they are and they were to us so far to influence our rational thinking and decisions.

17. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Why do we need a NAP with WPC? If they could have made a serious contribution in the form of units to our war effort, then I could see a NAP and border agreement. As it is, I really don't see any benefit in having a NAP with them. We aren't going to be setlling that crappy land between us anytime soon, so sure, let them settle it and start developing it, but let's leave ourselves open to attack them in case UCiv does DOW them and we want to take some spoils.

18. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Hmm, just got an email from aptmod that WPC cancelled or wines gift to them? They also sent us a message so I'll log in when I get home and check it out.

19. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Well, somebody beat me to it (two somebodies according to CivStats), so I couldn't see the message. Hopefully whoever logged in first took a screenshot or can recap what their message was...

20. 2metraninja

I got kicked out of the game somehow, despite Inao was finished his turn, but he seems to had been still in the game, so maybe because of this, but I got no message whatsoever when I logged in just 5 minutes later. I will ask Ambassador Tatu on skype.