1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: WePlayCiv

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Hmm, I do not think it is likely RB has broken their explicit agreement with WPC. Looks like there is more to the story :confused:.

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Yes, I was surprised too, but this is what Beta told me.

He was like: "Now RB start to read our agreement in different way than when we signed it with the excuse that they have no time to wait for this war to go any longer, because one of their neighbors is arming"

I asked if there was no a way to RB still do the fighting, but let WPC actually capture those cities, where Beta said: sadly they did not considered this possibility, despite we had units there, nor they even razed those cities, so we can replant them and still have the land. I advised him to ask for what they were promised. He asked how is this possible if city gifting is banned and I told him they can just declare war to RB and take those cities, to which Beta sounded pleasantly surprised how easy this could be and he said he will speak with his team about this. Seems it was not accepted by either WPC team or RB as idea :(

3. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

Very interesting. Poor WPC is getting walked all over. I wish we could find a way to use this to our advantage, but they are just too weak to really help us against RB.

4. whb

whb King

Any way we can encourage them to leak it to CivFr... let them know RB are not to be trusted to honour their deals...

5. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

I hope they would have broadcast this to everyone by now.

6. 2metraninja

This is what WPC had sent us some month or two ago:

I say we confirm our NAP to t200. This is where their NAP with Uciv ends and we would not be able to do anything anyway earlier than this because we will be in deadly fight with RB. And most probably CivFR too.

7. 2metraninja

This was what we spoke with Ambassador Proviisori before even the war started:

and this is what we spoke with Proviisori today:

8. Sommerswerd

That does not sound so good to me. He seems much more guarded than usual. I wonder if their team is going through some internal strife? Sometimes this results in a moritorium on diplo... and no one is allowed/inclined to talk about what is going on in the team.

9. 2metraninja

Out of a sudden, Beta - the captain of team WPC had sent me a PM. It reads roughly (it is on WPC site and I cant access it from here):

First, it is too late I think, as MZ took 2 of the last 3 ex-German cities and is already bordering WPC, so there is only 1 city left. There is no chance WPC can take something from MZ with force. Even the opposite - now I think MZ can just go ahead and start to capture WPC cities. Which will be very bad situation for us, as we will be left without piece of WPC in this case until t200 comes, WPC will be no more.

If Beta are asking us to use our political connections and influence to make Poly give them cities, I think this is not neither possible to convince MZ do this, nor in our interest to use our "good points" and risk making our ally non-cooperative or outright angry at us, just to help as it seems hopeless at this point civ.

I of course appreciate that WPC gave us intelligence info and archers during the First Zulu war and the fact they were treating us as friends and giving us info of their future plans with RB. But so much water have ran under the bridge and they screwed things in each and every possible way. They started a war with Germans which was nearly impossible to win and as result they created a power and political vacuum in the region, which RB was quick to conveniently fill. Because of this early war, RB had the comfort of expanding and claiming land like mad, while having 2 weak neighbors to choose which one to ally and which one to destroy. Again, reading back trough this thread, we knew what will happen even since 100 turns ago:

Ever since, WPC was talking about attacking RB, helping those who will fight them, but what they did?

They immensely helped RB by joining them against the Germans. Germans split their forces like 2:1 and sent the 2/3 against WPC instead of effectively stop RB for long.

Back then we were somewhat happy that at least RB wont get ALL the Germans cities as they were promised to WPC 6 Germans cities. But obviously, WPC failed in this too. They could not take those cities with force (which can be understandable and excused), but they failed to make the diplomatic efforts and moves to force RB to give them what had to be theirs. So RB ended with ALL the German cities, fighting only 1/3 of the German army. Not helping us much. Even exactly the opposite. :(

Then we ask WPC how they feel about RB and they tell us they feel cheated and not happy with RB. We tell them we will attack Rb and ask them if they can do something about it. They say: "might be". And finally, when we jump at RB, we ask them simple thing - to stop the happy resource they provide to RB. And they fail to do even this. And since RB are fighting for already 10 turns, WPC had the time to think of this and actually get their units together and attack RB taking their supposedly rightfully theirs German almost empty cities.

Now is too late for whatever to be done I think.

10. Calis

Calis on time

Actually they just waited to see, who will gain the upper hand in this war. Now that they realize, it's the coalition, they come and try to gather some of the remains. And they have the guts to call the lands THEIR lands. :)

Funny guys.

11. 2metraninja

Yes, as sad as it is, they played bad on both pure game level and diplomatic level and ruined all future prospects they had and we must start to think of them as food, rather than friends.

Still? What should I do? What to tell Beta?

12. 2metraninja

Here is the original text of the message:

What we should say?

13. Sommerswerd

Our response (a suggestion)
    The goal is to get as much info and perspective on their palns as possible...as 2metra says, taking German cities without all out War with Poly is unlikely, and I can't see what benefit there is for us trying to intervene on WPC's behalf... but maybe we can get some units or info out of them that can be put to good use.

14. 2metraninja

Great message!

I say we send it immediately. Turns of events are quick too.

As we saw, WPC declared war to RB and took 1 city from them under MZ's nose. And MZ might have right that RB is participating in this. Thinking now, I suspect WPC will try the same with us. I was seeing WPC worker roading to one of the RB cities in our sector and last turn I saw RB moved out 2-3 units from this city and wondered why :( Too bad we did not kept our 2 knights in WPC lands, we could had taken those empty cities if we play before WPC. Or at least force RB to not leave empty cities for WPC.

It will be good move on WPC side to take those cities. I think we already made them a sentence and we just wait for the NAP to run off anyway.

15. Sommerswerd

That was the point of my letter... To say to them "We have already declared War for this type of shenanigans" so that they are well aware that we will not support it from them... Hopefully this will slow them down a little in their plans.

16. 2metraninja

I have sent them the message btw.

17. Sommerswerd

Since WPC will probably be dead soon this may not matter, but it is worth noting for the record that they are NAP breakers, so obviously we would never want to make any kind of alliance or agreement with them unless we were getting our payment up front.

18. 2metraninja

I did told WPC that we believe CP will attack them and we proved right. I met Beta in other game and he asked me if we can help them somehow, to which I said we cant. He them went on and said it will be relieve for him, as he was pretty much the player-team in the last few weeks/months and he knows each thing must have his logical end. He said he will be happy we to have their cities than CP, but I told him we have NAP, so we cant attack them. He said he will declare war to us and to Poly and Uciv (in this order) so we are no longer bind with NAP and we can attack their cities. I did not asked for that, but I said "Thank you" and asked why. He said it is about teams who their team respected trough the whole game most. WPC (supposedly Beta) did played their turn but we got no declaration, so maybe he changed his mind at the end. He said also he will send us some workers and probably a Great General, but we does not see him yet.

19. 2metraninja

In other news, we got declared by WPC. Seems they do want we to be able to get back at least the city we allowed them to settle in our territory. The other WPC city we wanted to control will be taken this turn from CP.