1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Stability

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Emperor Bosco I, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Emperor Bosco I

Emperor Bosco I Guiding the flock

I need some help with stability stat. I'm less than 50 turns from victory, but that could all go out the window in the next 10. My foreign keeps dropping for no apparent reason (down to -75) even though almost everyone is :) or :D with me, and there's only one annoyed. What gives?

2. Emperor Bosco I

OK, I collapsed and reconquered all my cities. Now I have ***** Foreign. :eek: WHAT??? Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening?

3. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Hard to tell without knowing your specific situation. Having good relations doesn't suffice to offset the penalty for having contact to a multitude of civs. I suggest trading as much as possible (sell your excess resources for gold if they have nothing else for you) and entering defensive pacts.

Iirc it also draws down your foreign stability if your vassals are unstable.

4. Emperor Bosco I

Ok, I had an unstable vassal or two, but i don't think that changed when I collapsed. Maybe it just resets?

And I had 4 def pacts and LOTS of resource trading, so I don't think that was it. Oh well, it's fixed now. Space race victory and somehow only Dan Quayle. Hmmmm...

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Yes, your stability resets when you collapse. This makes a controlled collapse (i.e. move all your units into your capital before) sometimes preferable to drawn-out instability.

6. Gem Hound

Gem Hound Mercenary

I thought it was a bug I was exploiting. :)

7. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

It's not a bug, but it's definitely an exploit :D