Forest Expand?

sekong

Net Surfer
How often does it happen? And under what condition?

Also aged forests seems to generate more hammers when chopped. Is it true?

Forest can expand onto any undeveloped plains, grassland or hills square that is next to a forest.

So if you have a grasslands with nothing on it, there is a chance forest will expand there. But if you build a farm or cottage on it, the forest won't expand.

I don't think age plays a factor. You will recieve fewer hammers for a forrest chop the farthur from the city you go. So, while you can chop outside your city cross or even your cultrual boundries, you will get less production from doing so. In fact there is a limit. If you get too far out, then you will get no bonus. I have not figured out the exact distance, after around 10 tiles, you get no bonus.

Dagoth Ur said:
Forest can expand onto any undeveloped plains, grassland or hills square that is next to a forest.

So if you have a grasslands with nothing on it, there is a chance forest will expand there. But if you build a farm or cottage on it, the forest won't expand.
Although if there is a road, it will expand.

CrackedCrystal said:
I don't think age plays a factor. You will recieve fewer hammers for a forrest chop the farthur from the city you go. So, while you can chop outside your city cross or even your cultrual boundries, you will get less production from doing so. In fact there is a limit. If you get too far out, then you will get no bonus. I have not figured out the exact distance, after around 10 tiles, you get no bonus.

Are you sure about that? I think it depends on the production boni you get inside the city, which are also applied to the base hammer value of the forest.

I know it can. But how much chance? I only see it happens limited time in BC. Don't remember one after AD yet. Alos, I guess it matters if there are more forest surrounding that un-worked tile. Otherwise, I may just leave one tile of forest and expect it expand to all directions..

Dagoth Ur said:

Top Bottom