Forever Inca

RoddyVR

Veteran Board NESer
6050 years = 6050 turns.
after this thread i'm starting my game.
Crayton did all the modding work for me, so all i did was download his Mod and get myself a game going.

game settings:
I am Roddy of Inca (i like the finnacial with mysticism start)
Monarch difficulty
17 AI civs (all random leaders)
Map type: Terra
Map size : Huge
Climate: Tropical (random)
Sea Level: Low (random)

Optional settings:
Raging Barbarians
No Tech Trading
Permanent Alliences

it was the "no cheating" setting that didnt let me use the Forever speed mod. i think i'm all set.
75 turns to make a warrior. 250 if i want to start a settler. 160 turns to research meditation. lol.
here i go.

end of turn one screenshot:

Attachments

• Turn 1 - 4000bc.JPG
    Turn 1 - 4000bc.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 263
on turn 75 got another on of my unique wariors, twice the fun now!
figured i'd steal a worker from my Persian neighbors.

here's the known world. (the W and X are his worker and my soldiers)

Attachments

• Turn 92 - 3918bc.JPG
    Turn 92 - 3918bc.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 185
strangely enough persia only had one archer defending its city. the other must have been out exploring.
my two Quechua drew straws, and the one that lost attacked first. 2.2 vs 2.8 odds, and he took out 51hps before dying. the second one had 2.2 vs 1.1, and easily won the fight, destroying the size 1 city, and the percian civilization along with it.

Attachments

• Turn 95 - 3915bc.JPG
    Turn 95 - 3915bc.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 192
turn 108. my surviving quechua, healed up and at 5 exp (not sure what to get) has gone exploring again, and found the german empire (or german city to be more accurate).
Frederick is one of only two civs (munsa is the other) to take offence at my unprovoked attack on Persia. Both now have a -1 "you attacked our friend" relationship to me.
i think Taking Fredy out would be realy nice.
he also has only one archer defending his city, and he also has a worker in there, which would be very nice to add to my collection.
just not sure if a single quechua is enough to take this city.
he'll have:
50% for city defence
25% for fortified
20% city culture defence bonus

and i'll have:
2.0 strength
+100% against archers (unit ability)
+25% against archers (cover promotion)
+10% strength
+20% city raid promotion

which makes:
2.0 +10%=2.2 attacking
vs
3.0 -50% = 1.5???
is that how that works?

i gotta learn this system better.
nope, i had the %s all correct, but it comes out to 2.2 vs 2.0 somehow. plus i forgot about the first strike archers have. probably still worth the gamble though.

Attachments

• Turn 108 - 3892bc.JPG
    Turn 108 - 3892bc.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 174
Two Civilizations down, 15 to go.
Germany falls to my all-powerfull Quechua.
and another free worker for me. i just wish i knew how to get him "home" without him being eaten by bears and the like.

how many games have you had where you've taken out two civilizations before the first tech was researched?

Attachments

• Turn 111 - 3889bc.JPG
    Turn 111 - 3889bc.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 218
turn 147 - 3853 bc.
met an american (washington) archer. for some reason they seem to think i attacked one of their friends.
how could they possibly know this?
they never met me.
they never met Munsa (who's the only surviving friend of either of my conquests)
and neither Persia nor Germany could have told them, cause they were killed as soon as they were declared war on.

and to kick me in the pants some more, this turn throws "Budhism has been founded in a land far away"..... that was a waste of a perfectly good 147 turns of research. how did whoever it is that got it, get it 13 turns before i did? i have to remember to check out the holy city's tiles when i find out who it is.

This one sounds pretty cool. You should use the Quechea rush strategy. Or maybe not, It'd take alot longer to build all the Quechea.

I must commend you- this entire idea of using the forever setting is excellent!:goodjob: It's just too long for my tastes, go figuere.:crazyeye:

Good luck, my Civ ally, teach the others who their daddy is! :whipped:

Top Bottom