1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Forget it. I'm the one in charge!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by adrianj, Mar 7, 2010.

1. adrianj

adrianj Deity

I'm getting annoyed by each turn having to deal with all the pop ups suggesting I build such and such a thing. I feel I'm at the point where if I'd wanted to build it, I probably would have done so.

Does anyone know how to turn these pop ups off?

2. mrt309

mrt309 Warlord

Options - Game - uncheck the box "Advisor Pop-Ups"

3. TheWilltoAct

TheWilltoAct I am observe

Preach on sir, for I am with you!
    I disabled them just the other day, in my opinion I think the tips can be helpful in pointing you in the right direction but too often they miss the mark.

4. adrianj

adrianj Deity

Ah, so simple. Cheers :)

5. bakshi

bakshi Prince

I leave this on just because once in awhile I forget to build something important in a conquered city or such.

6. Le Singe

Le Singe Chieftain

i think here there are just way too many for them to be usefull and too many like you should build a settler where the whole world is settled fully or 'this city is producing a lot of gold you should build a market' while you're neck deep in a war for your survivial.

Now if we can just figure out how to turn off the sound effects from a barb galley that sits off your coast turning donuts for oooo TWO THOUSAND YEARS!!!!! it's worse than working at the post office..............

7. Deathstar

Deathstar Chieftain

Does turning Sid Tips off also prevent those civ change pop-ups (the ones you get whenever you unlock them after a certain research)? Too many times I accidentally change civs because I press enter enter enter.

8. Silu

Silu Deity

AFAIK those can't be turned off. Pretty darn annoying in a team game if you're microing workers and your buddy trades techs for Feudalism or something... Baziff, anarchy and Serfdom!

9. TheWilltoAct

TheWilltoAct I am observe

Lol, sucky.

10. vicawoo

vicawoo Chieftain

I wonder if you can change the text for these tips. Time for the Attacko mod?

11. Nkat

Nkat Monarch

I turned it off for the sake of time. I 'try' to micro to much and a helpful tip just takes too much clicking added to the every 2-3 turns I check EVERY city. I hate people and things being helpful....I'll figure it out on my own lol.

12. CornPlanter

CornPlanter Emperor

I have turned off probably everything I could ;) These tips are truly annoying...

13. Callonia

Callonia Deity

Does that mean i will no longer get popups from my core cities wantign to join my vassals doing one city challenge?