1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Forgive me father...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by SantaX, Apr 9, 2007.

1. SantaX

SantaX Chieftain

For I have sinned.

Two days ago I picked up playing again. This time with Warlords installed. One can imagine how exciting it was for me to see that fine settler again.
    2 things I noticed immiediatly (hope I spell that right), first... why wasn't my cultureborder orange? It was red... And second, where was that 3th goldpiece... As ussual I played on Prince... And not as ussual, I got my ass kicked. Can happen offcourse, nothing to worry about, another shot, this time with Ghandi... Same story... I got my ass kicked... After 7 times getting asswhopped I decided to take the Civ that only needs 2 techs to kick ass...
    And so I founded Rome... all went well, I allready turned of barbarians, and was building my 3th city when all of a sudden France declared war on me... This was a serieus problem, since my cities were not defended. I could not take it anymore. I cheated. I got myself a nice little Apache-heli, and allthough I did not attack french cities... I did kill anything french in my borders.

I feel so weak :cry:

And I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to the sprites who must have gotten quiet scared when they where trowing with sticks at my Apache... :mischief:

2. Breunor

Breunor Deity

I think most players find the AI a little better in Warlords than it was in vanilla. You may want to go down a level.

Best wishes,

Breunor

3. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

What the hell are you talking about?

4. SantaX

SantaX Chieftain

Basiclly that i got frustrated with the new AI (allthough it actually is a good thing they made it stronger) that I cheated for the firsttime in my life with Civ.

5. Stolen Rutters

Stolen Rutters Deity

France declared war on you before city # 3 was finished? (On prince?) Sounds like you forgot to build units.

Building units before settlers has the wonderful side effect of growing your city. Settlers and workers stop city growth. Units being built do not. Plus, larger cities build settlers faster and almost makes up for the delay in starting the settler.

Building units also has the side effect of raising your power rating on the power graph. A higher power rating discourages attacks by the enemy. And having more units makes it harder for the enemy to win if they still intend to attack.

Read this good book... I mean web page. It contains game-on goodness.
    http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy/

You are forgiven... ;)

6. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Russia went from orange to red in Warlords.

7. SantaX

SantaX Chieftain

Hehe I did indeed not build units... I didn't expected the AI to be so aggresive. Believe, me i've read a lot in the strategy part here, it was that information aplied in my noble games that made me win prince games in Civ IV vanilla.

I'm doing better now btw, just needed to get used to the new AI I think. Allthough it really bothers me they took financial away from catherine. I think i'm gonna mod financial back in for her.

8. Kadasbrass

Kadasbrass Warlord

Was in it honor of Stalin joining the game?

9. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

Maybe, but the Carthage has Orange now! But i demand that Orange will change Civilization when Beyond the Sword is released. (The Dutch can't without)

Your third Gold-piece? Cathy chanced her Traits. I suggest you read about the differences between Vanilla and Warlords. Then you will be fine.

10. SantaX

SantaX Chieftain

Indeed, orange should go to the Dutch in the upcoming release :goodjob:

If not, i will mod it myself. We Dutchies deserve orange honour, a swiss army, a great navy and a bloody good commercial traight :king: