1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Formula 1 2014

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Formaldehyde, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Yeah there was quite a bit of sarcasm in that post. It might have worked if they had changed other rules as well. For instance if cars had to start qualifying with x amount of fuel and had hard qualifying tyres then people would stay out longer and would naturally set faster times towards the end of each session and within the 90 second windows. Still wouldn't work well in Spa though. Not sure what the best way would be to shake up the grids (if this actually needs to happen) as reversing the grids doesn't sound like a good idea either.

Can only echo CH's comment about Alonso's crash. Verstappen's attitude annoyed me a little this race as Sainz was on the same tyre, same fuel load and had a similar total points score last season so its hard to see why he should be let by, although he did have a point about pitting first earlier in the race. Should be an interesting season if Mercedes can keep on having terrible starts.

2. Calis

Calis on time

Fully agree to this.

I really hope that Ferrari is somewhat competitive this year. And not only at the start. As a Vettel fan, I#d like to see that. And as a F1 fan I just want to have some excitement and more than 2 (or 3) potential winners in the field.

3. JohannaK

JohannaK Heroically Clueless

I want Renault to do well only because I love the paint.

4. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

So, how about that Dutch Kid?

5. JohannaK

He's Dutch, ew. :shake:

6. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Well, Belgians have a claim on him too.

7. JohannaK

That only makes it worse. D:

8. Michkov

Michkov Emperor

Got lucky ;). Two times even, first the Mercs mistake T4 for a bowling alley and then the tires last longer than expected. Handled himself well with the Ferrari chasing him though.

9. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Well of course, anyone who wins with Merc the way they are is lucky to an extent. He also got lucky with the strategy, and with Ricciardo and Vettel slowing each other down to the point where they weren't able to catch the leaders. Verstappen certainly acquitted himself well in an advantageous situation though.

10. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Ricciardo got screwed out yet again by his own team.

11. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Gutting. Just gutting, I really feel for him.