forty civilisations were announced

It had been part of the Celtic civ in a few past Civ games.

It also means the Celts are probably good candidates for having alternate leaders if/when they are added to the game. Irish leader/Scottish leader/Gaulish leader etc, to represent the different Celtic "flavours"

It also means the Celts are probably good candidates for having alternate leaders if/when they are added to the game. Irish leader/Scottish leader/Gaulish leader etc, to represent the different Celtic "flavours"

I'd really rather they picked a specific culture, like the Gauls or Scotland. There's really nothing that links the likes of Vercingetorix and Robert the Bruce.

Civ V's Welsh-speaking Boudicca leading her army of Pictish warriors from their ceilidh halls in Edinburgh is really no better than Civ IV's "Native American" abomination.

Civ V's Welsh-speaking Boudicca leading her army of Pictish warriors from their ceilidh halls in Edinburgh is really no better than Civ IV's "Native American" abomination.

Oh absolutely, I'd prefer to see separate civs, but I won't be surprised if Firaxis just sticks with an amalgamation. At least with alternate leaders some of the things you mentioned could be avoided by dividing them up between the different possibilities.

It would be an improvement at least, and I'm willing to take that as a compromise rather than another "lol lets smoosh all this celtic-y stuff together, no one will notice" :dunno:

Khazars would be great rivals for Byzantium in a future expansion, yes, and their adoption of Judaism as a religion is indeed curious.

I think it's high time we got the Gauls as a civ instead of the Celtish amalgamation. Robert the Bruce to lead the Scots might work as well.

There is a very excellent discussion and why the Celts as a whole based on the La Tène culture would be a really unique and exciting Civ addition, here

...but this is a gambling thread and you can bet on the upcoming 40 Civs for Civ 6.

You can nominate 26 Civs for the 16 free spots additionally to the 24 Civs which are already given.

Please place your bet on the next 26 Civs.

Last edited:
The Khmer Civ was not that surprise like Nubia.

So most of the current participants of this betting game have guessed correctly (93%).
Who are:

luigilime 0 +1 point = 1 point
Xandinho 0 +1 point = 1 point
durfal 0 +1 point = 1 point
Roman Citizen 0 +1 point = 1 point
sonicmyst 0 +1 point = 1 point
Katakanja 0 +1 point = 1 point
Kimiimaro 0 +1 point = 1 point
Ferocitus 0 +1 point = 1 point
Arianrhod 0 +1 point = 1 point
Vahnstad 0 +1 point = 1 point
Wingednosering 0 +1 point = 1 point
magha77 0 +1 point = 1 point
Manifold 0 +1 point = 1 point
Duckfromstatefarm 0 +0 point = 0 points (sorry for you - next time for sure;)
(all bets were valid because no bet was edited)

I also changed the rule no. 2.
"Yes, editing is a good idea but this must be done in a new post for tracking the chance.
A Civ can only be exchanged once a month (before week)."

The race is still open also for late starter!
Which are the other 15 coming Civs?
(you have 25 chances)

Starting late but here's mine!

Canada,
Ethiopia,
Zulu,
Inca,
Maya,
Inuit,
Portugal,
Netherlands(Dutch),
Carthage,
Mali,
Mongolia,
Haida,
Muisca,
Argentina,
Maori,
Vietnam,
Korea,
Sweden,
Hungary/Magyar,
Sioux,
Phoenicia,
Celts,
Ashanti,
Morocco

Only chose 24 since Indonesia is all but confirmed at this point and Khmer was shown today.

Last edited:
Starting late but here's mine!

Canada,
Ethiopia,
Zulu,
Inca,
Maya,
Inuit,
Portugal,
Netherlands(Dutch),
Carthage,
Mali,
Mongolia,
Haida,
Musica,
Argentina,
Maori,
Vietnam,
Korea,
Sweden,
Hungary/Magyar,
Sioux,
Phoenicia,
Celts,
Ashanti,
Morocco

Only chose 24 since Indonesia is all but confirmed at this point and Khmer was shown today.

I think you mean Muisca instead of Musica

I think you mean Muisca instead of Musica
Corrected, thank you. I was speaking Spanish while writing this list, so the Muisca became the Spanish word for music.

Here's mine:

27. Babylon
28. Mali
29. Carthage
30. Inca
31. Maya
32. Ethiopia
33. Korea
34. Celts
35. Italy
36. Ottomans
37. Portugal
38. Netherlands
39. Byzantines
40. Mongolia
41. Sweden
42. Morocco
43. Zulus
44. Iroquois (I rather they use a Amerindian different people, but this is a guess as to what Firaxis would do)
45. Sioux (same here)
46. Polynesia (now less likely according to Eagle Pursuit :cry:)
47. Hungary
48. Assyria
49. Austria
50. Ashanti

Honorable mentions: Bulgaria, Czechia, Mapuche, Tupi, Muisca, Benin, Madagascar, Vietnam, Siam, Burma, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Hittites, Phoenicia, Ireland, Georgia, Armenia,

I'm not expecting any North Amerindian Civs, because they will object to their portrayal in the game. I'm dead serious.

Last edited:
I'm not expecting any North Amerindian Civs, because they will object to their portrayal in the game. I'm dead serious.
Well with the Pueblo it was due to how sacred their language was. I think that as long as Firaxis is respectful in their depiction and talks with the community, several Indigenous groups with give the go-ahead. Plus there is the positive of separating individual groups/confederacies from the very broad and general stereotypes perpetrated by movies or other forms of media.

Here's my post-DLC 6 version:
1-24{America, Aztec, Arabia, Brazil, Egypt, Sumeria, Greece, Rome, Poland, Germany, France, Spain, England, Norway, Russia, Kongo, India, Persia, Macedon, Scythia, China, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Khmer, Nubia}

27 Netherlands
28 Portugal
29 Inca
30 Babylon
31 Mali/ Songhai
32 Ethiopia
33 Zulu
34 Siam
35 Mongolia
36 Korea
37 Byzantium
38 Ottomans
39 Celts
40 Italy
41 Vietnam
42 Swahili/Kilwa
43 Sioux
44 Morocco
45 Carthage
46 Assyria
47 Sweden
48 Maori/Polynesia
49 Maya
50 Iroquois

Well with the Pueblo it was due to how sacred their language was. I think that as long as Firaxis is respectful in their depiction and talks with the community, several Indigenous groups with give the go-ahead. Plus there is the positive of separating individual groups/confederacies from the very broad and general stereotypes perpetrated by movies or other forms of media.

I wasn't too impressed with the Iroquois and Shoshone's depictions in Civ5. Iroquois, with their moving fast in woods and generically named Mohawk warrior, and Shoshone with their land grabbing (which makes more sense if it were the Numic Civ) and Indian tracker unit. The leader backgrounds were very boring as well, implying the North Amerindians had no structures of their own, "living as one with nature". City names were horrible, with many of the Iroquois not being actual Iroquois settlement names. I'm ok with the Shoshone city-names, since they never actually built settlements before European contact.

Top Bottom