Forum Owners/Moderators, please whitelist some sites to prevent the need for Moderation

tvbowman

Chieftain
Hello, would it be possible to have some links "whitelisted" so that they do not require moderation every time we post? For example, if we link to another answer on this site, or a page on the modiki subforum, we still have to wait for the post to be moderated, which I am sure is tedious for the poor moderators.

Thank you if this is possible. Sorry, not sure the correct forum to post this.

I do not think that this has anything to do with the links you post. I think it's just a matter of you being too new on the forum and thus being under a certain post count and thus on probation.
I am saying this because I can post links all day and not need moderation.

Also, I know it's late but still, you only have 13 posts so it's still soon enough in my book to say this. Welcome to the forum and community. :)

I do not think that this has anything to do with the links you post. I think it's just a matter of you being too new on the forum and thus being under a certain post count and thus on probation.
I am saying this because I can post links all day and not need moderation.

Also, I know it's late but still, you only have 13 posts so it's still soon enough in my book to say this. Welcome to the forum and community. :)
Oh, well each post I tried to make that had a link, including a reply to someone who had a link in there post, was set for moderation, but when I deleted the post, removed the link, and made a new post, the moderation was not there. So, it might still be because I am new to an extent, but it is definitely tied to the links. EDIT- this one also was not flagged for moderation. :)

Oh, well each post I tried to make that had a link, including a reply to someone who had a link in there post, was set for moderation, but when I deleted the post, removed the link, and made a new post, the moderation was not there. So, it might still be because I am new to an extent, but it is definitely tied to the links.
Yes. I believe that under a certain post count you are on some sort of probation mode where you are not allowed to post links without being moderated. It probably has to do with a mechanism for defending against people who only register to spam add and scam links. I can't be sure that is the situation here but I see that a lot on other forums so I surmise it is probably so.

Yes. I believe that under a certain post count you are on some sort of probation mode where you are not allowed to post links without being moderated. It probably has to do with a mechanism for defending against people who only register to spam add and scam links. I can't be sure that is the situation here but I see that a lot on other forums so I surmise it is probably so.
That is about what I figured. It just seems, especially for the "Quick Answers to Questions" thread, that it would be much easier for people who are looking for quick answers to simple questions to not get moderated for links that are on THIS site.

That is about what I figured. It just seems, especially for the "Quick Answers to Questions" thread, that it would be much easier for people who are looking for quick answers to simple questions to not get moderated for links that are on THIS site.
I agree. But given the state of the forum software, especially since the update, I would assume that it's probably not technically possible to do. Like, it's probably just a check box they can turn on and off or something.

Top Bottom