1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Found all Religion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Religionfanatic, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Sohan

Sohan Warlord

On one game, noble difficulty, with Saladin, I managed to found six religions. Took Buddhism first, then barely snatched Hinduism. Got Quarry next and went for Monotheism. Got all three early religions. I was lucky to have an abundance of wealth in my starting city's fat cross. With stonehenge eventually built and providing me a Great Prophet down the road I was able to snatch Theology, while I also went through writing to get code of laws via oracle, thereby founding Christianity and Confucianism. Alas, by now I was in a pretty crappy state in terms of improvements, cities, military, etc. I backtracked and worked on a bunch of ancient worker and military techs and built up my infrastructure. I somehow managed to get Divine Right first and founded Islam, but Philosophy/Taoism was out of reach.

2. nealhunt

nealhunt Warlord

Playing the Earth scenario I founded 6 religions with Egypt - everything but Buddhism which, of course, went to India. It was the first time I won on Monarch difficulty.

Because of the starting resources for Egypt on that map the normal rush to Bronze Working isn't all that desirable. Using a Prophet CS slingshot doesn't work well either because of the need for Masonry. Animal Husbandry for military tech, Pottery for cottages all along the Nile, and Masonry to quarry the stone and marble are really the only needed techs outside of religious stuff for a long time. I just alternated between a needed tech and the next religion until I had snagged them all.

With multiple shrines I was running at 100% research nearly the entire game. The biggest challenge was trying to build cities and get them stocked with defenders and basic improvements fast enough that I didn't have a really massive cash surplus - much better to have cities to "convert" all that gold to research.