Founding a pantheon on the turn you pop a faith ruin

Hpuk

Warlord
Is it possible to found a pantheon on the turn you get a faith ruin, or faith from meeting a religious CS?
Sometimes that one turn might be the difference of getting an amazing or a crappy pantheon.

I know this works with culture and social policies, so it seems odd if it didn't work with faith as well.

What he means is there is no way to pop one yourself. You have to wait to start a turn with enough faith before ht game lets you.

I was playing as the Celts and found The Vatican on turn two, which gave me enough faith for a pantheon.

Yeah, it's strange. With cultura huts and social policies it's easy, but with a faith hut there isn't a way to immediately pop a pantheon.
Should be fixed, imho.

It even says "Can create a pantheon!" in the faith menu the turn you pop a ruin/find a faith CS, but there is nowhere to click as far as I could tell.
Not a big deal, but I'd be extremely frustrated if I lost a good pantheon belief to the AI the next turn.

Yeah, it's strange. With cultura huts and social policies it's easy, but with a faith hut there isn't a way to immediately pop a pantheon.
Should be fixed, imho.

I disagree, actually. With social policy huts, you get an advantage from grabbing one early, but with pantheons, you get the advantage of getting it early, and the advantage of not being locked out of some of the choices, and the advantage of locking the AI out of a choice as well. I'd rather they entirely removed faith huts and the faith bonus for meeting religious city-states just on the denial aspect alone.

It even says "Can create a pantheon!" in the faith menu the turn you pop a ruin/find a faith CS, but there is nowhere to click as far as I could tell.
Not a big deal, but I'd be extremely frustrated if I lost a good pantheon belief to the AI the next turn.

I think you have to click straight on the Faith/pigeon icon at the top and it will take you to the religion tab. Maybe you can pick there?

you can't. it's just the differences in design. social policies have the relic of being able to save up points to spend at will, but religion doesn't have that interface in its screen. so you have to wait for the next turn

though i'd like to know if you reach X amount of faith, if the game does indeed lock you into the next pantheon purchase and then increases the amount of faith needed for every other player

It's not like they play their turns at the same time like in multiplayer.
The one who's turn is first (the player, unless there is a way to change the turn order somehow) gets to pick first.

turns are processed in order, so i'm guessing whoever has the highest amount in the player list, human being the first in the list, gets dibs, but is it checked at the end of a turn (ie after exceeding the cost) or at the start

Top Bottom