Founding Fathers being spawned as Units [DEAD]

Would you like to have Founding Fathres as (capturable) Units?

• Total voters
Yeah, you guys convinced me. :)

As I said here:
this is one of my more crazy concepts to be honest. :mischief:

I kind of posted it because I was cleaning up my "concept vault".
And this here seemed to be very easy to implement, so I thought I could just suggest it and see what community says ...

But it really feels a bit awkward. :thumbsup:
I will cancel it.

FF are already very powerful. If, in addition, we get a free expert wouldn't this be too powerful (especially early game) ?
I mean rushing FFs is already a strong strategy does it need more strengthening ?

I don´t see them giving an additional unit - e.g. Marquette already gives a Seasoned Scout + better chances on goodys.
As far as I understand it the "Seasoned Scout" would not simply be a generic Seasoned Scout, but a Seasoned Scout with the name Jaques Marquette.

As far as I understand it the "Seasoned Scout" would not simply be a generic Seasoned Scout, but a Seasoned Scout with the name Jaques Marquette.
That is correct. :thumbsup:
That was my original idea ...

But what about all the others where the Units they already give do not match?
Then I would need to give an additional Unit ...

-----

I feel that my original idea will not work out ...
For several FFs I would have to give an additional Unit ...

Way too many of those would be "Statesmen", "Generals", "Missionaries", "Preachers" ...
It would have little diversity, be unbalanced and boring ...

-----

If I could have done this, the concept would have been nice:

1. Always use / transform a Unit the FF already gives anyways into a "FF Unit".
2. Create enough diversity of "FF Units" to not just spam "Statesmen", "Generals" ...

-----

But most of the FFs can simply not be anything else than "Statesmen", "Generals", "Missionaries", "Preachers" ...
That would totally ruin immersion ... :sad:

-----

Summary:

This concept is simply ruined by the limitations of historical accuracy / immersion / realism. :dunno:
I can not see how I could transform it in a good game concept that is diverse, balanced and interesting for gameplay.

Top Bottom