1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Founding Fathers ("new" system)

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Aerials, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Aerials

Aerials Chieftain

In the game options it has an option for using the old system and a note saying that the new system allows for founding fathers to be available if the owning civ is destroyed.

i was under the impression destroying means capturing/razing all their colonies (1994 col worked this way, but only after a certain year (1600?) and i remember reading somewhere that you had to get all their land units (same as REF).
    i have tried the above, even using world builder to scour the land and kill/erase every unit (including boats) and never seem to defeat the enemy civ (i remember getting notification that civ "X" was destroyed in 1994 col). What are the rules in We The People? i have tried to search, but didnt look back into TAC files or R&R yet, anyone know where i should look?

Cheers

Your_ardent_admirer likes this.
  2. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

There is an XML setting in GlobalDefinesAlt that configures if Colonial Civs can be destroyed at all.
    It then however only triggers after turn 100 in standard config. Before that turn Colonial Civs will always be respawned.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  3. Aerials

Aerials Chieftain

is this the entry? i looked in GlobalDefinesAlt and only found this that seemed to fit
    <DefineName>KI_RESPAWN_OFF</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>

4. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

Yes, exactly. :thumbsup:

It fits - being able to permanently destroy Colonial AIs is default setting. (Value is 1)
    (It does not affect any other AIs anyways.)
    • Natives can always be destroyed
    • Kings can be destroyed in WOI
    • Animals or Bishop can never be destroyed
    ----

But as I said, Colonial AI respawning will only be deactivated - with this setting to 1 - after turn 100.
    Before turn 100 they will still respawn - even wtith this setting to 1.

So it is ensured that bad luck in early game (e.g. with Natives) does not destroy a Colonial AI.
    That was basically the purpose of the check for the 100 turns.

----

If this setting is put to 0 they will always respawn.
    (Normal Vanilla behaviour.)

----

And the "New Founding Father System" - meaning that Founding Fathers of destroyed Colonial AIs get available again - of course only triggers if a Colonial AI is destroyed.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020