Founding vs Not Founding Balance

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
G,

I was curious if you have stats on this from your AI tests.

If we breaks civs into 3 categories:

1) Founded
2) Not Founded, but got a holy city through conquest.
3) Never got a holy city.

I was wondering how often bucket 3 wins the game? We always say religion is strong, I was curious if there was a big correlation between getting a religion and winning the game.

G,

1) Founded

I was wondering how often bucket 3 wins the game? We always say religion is strong, I was curious if there was a big correlation between getting a religion and winning the game.

#2 is usually the strongest, as civ is a zero sum game and taking a holy city is a double-whammy. Obviously 1 is stronger than 3. I guess I'm not sure what you expected.

G

Probably because the AI can't construct a coherent religion to save them sometimes so it doesn't matter who makes it :p ... They can be ruthlessly effective though sometimes... Gazebo's work I would think.

Anyway the point is that the player can tailor their religion to their own conditions, so it's not a strict 1:1 comparison.

#2 is usually the strongest, as civ is a zero sum game and taking a holy city is a double-whammy. Obviously 1 is stronger than 3. I guess I'm not sure what you expected.

G
Mainly, I’m looking at the degree. Clearly having a religion is stronger than not having one, but is it so strong you affectively can’t win without it?

That is why I was curious if ai in Bucket spacethree were actually winning games

G,

1) Founded

G

I actually had this same question -- if the opportunity cost of founding too high compared to the founder / follower bonuses left over for you? I.E., is there every a situation where #2 is infeasible, but the religious beliefs leftover make faith not worth its cost to acquire. And then, in such a situation, can you strategy leave you more powerful for simply ignoring religion until it comes time to decide which one of the sets of follower beliefs you get?

Top Bottom