1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fountain of Youth

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Age of Discovery II' started by AgentTBC, Jul 18, 2010.

1. AgentTBC

AgentTBC Chieftain

Can someone let me know which files need to be modified to disable the Fountain of Youth goodie hut event? As much as I love the mod, I really hate this event to the point of being unable to bring myself to play with it on.

2. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Chieftain

It's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels this way. :)

3. Aymerick

Aymerick Chieftain

Unfortunatly, Dale has hardcoded this event... I can compile a DLL without it if you'd want...

Aymerick

4. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Chieftain

That would be very nice of you thanks. What would needed to be done if you created this DLL?

5. Aymerick

Aymerick Chieftain

Here it is...

Just copy this over the one in you "Mods\AgeOfDiscoveryII\Assets\" folder...

Let me know if it works, I haven't tested it!

Aymerick

Attached Files:

6. Zeppelin4

Zeppelin4 Chieftain

I loaded up the dll and all seems to be working. I got to turn 125 without any fountain of youth event. Thanks for doing this I really appreciate it.

7. AgentTBC

AgentTBC Chieftain

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.

I understand the reasoning behind the FoY event but it just seems like it eliminates a lot of important early game differentiation between the civs and minimizes early game strategy.

8. AgentTBC

AgentTBC Chieftain

Oh, I went through a lot of files last night and cut out any references to FoY or parts that started with // START FOY

If it needed to be recompiled I wonder what I did.