[BNW] Four new beliefs: are these codeable?

isnorden

Amnesiac Modder
Sailors' Chapel (follower belief): +1 :c5faith: Faith from Harbors; +2 :c5faith: Faith from Seaports.
Ave Stella Maris (follower belief): May buy pre-Industrial water units with :c5faith: Faith.
Doing Business in Great Waters (enhancer belief): The player's religion exerts double normal pressure along sea :trade: trade routes.
His Wonders in the Deep (reformation belief): May buy all water units with :c5faith: Faith.

Are any of these codeable without DLL hacks (and preferably in plain XML)? Please let me know soon!

Sailors' Chapel is surely doable without a custom DLL (though I'm not entirely sure if you can do it with plain old XML only; definitely with Lua and dummy buildings though!)
I have no clue about Ave Stella Maris. My guess would be that it's not doable without a custom DLL, since you are limiting it to water units.
#3 won't be possible without a custom DLL for sure. The only moddable thing regarding Religious Pressure (in the non-modded DLL) are either the trait of Ethiopia or the Grand Temple (AFAIK), but those are something different from what you are trying to achieve.
My guess is that for Wonders in the Deep the same applies as to Ave Stella Maris: not doable without a custom DLL;

That all being said, I haven't really looked at modding beliefs, so the best you can do is looking at other people's mod that add religious beliefs/looking at the code from Firaxis itself: what do they add, how do they add it, to what extent can I change it, etc.

:)

Sailors' Chapel is precisely the same kind of effect as Liturgical Drama (that belief no one cares about). It just would involve two database rows instead of one.

All the others need DLL changes. Maybe DBIGW is already present in the Community Patch groundwork, I don't know.

Adding beliefs is actually quite liberal. The underlying code does everything nice except for customizing the way beliefs are acquired. (God it's like the C++ was written in PHP...) I know because I tried to create a sixth kind of belief, but didn't get my changes in time for the feature freeze in VP.

Does WHoward69's "Various Mod Components" modpack include the DLL changes that I'd need for the other three beliefs? ({ know nothing about DLL coding.)

Top Bottom