FouR_Pharao's Lord of the Rings Discussion Thread

FouR_Pharao

Chieftain
Hello guys,

after some work for other mods, i wanted to do something on my own.

I did some unit and leader icon art for Gedemon and his R.E.D. World War 2 Mod. But he's is missing in the forums now. So i decided to some work for others like Putmalk for his Ancient World Mod and T_KCommanderbly Star Wars mod.

But i felt i should do something for my own pleasure and that's what i'll try to do now.

I choosed LotR, cause i like it. When i began, i saw that The Little One also creates a similar mod/civilizations. But since his release of Rohan it was very quit about his project.

So i decided for myself to work again on my own mod. So this is not a attack to The Little One's project it is just a project for myself, where i can put some work in.

So this thread is more to show you what i've reached so far and it is more a project for me and a release is far away. But i want to show you some of my latest work.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I plan to create as civs: Gondor, Rohan, Isengard, Mordor, Silvan Elves of Lothlórien, Angmar, Orcs of the Misty Mountains, Harad, Easterlings of Rhûn, Arnor, Dwarves of Erebor, Umbar, Dunland, Dale and High Elves. I want to create an interface with lotr style.

I also want to create wonders like The Orthanc, Black Tower, Black Gate, Mount Doom, The Golden Hall, The Prancing Pony, Palantir, Argonath - Pillars of the Kings, The White Tree, The Last Homely House, Paths of the Dead and the Weathertop. So the can be used by all civs. Should be funny if Gondor builds the Black Gate and Mordor the White tree ;).

Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• lotr_leaders_preview.jpg
    lotr_leaders_preview.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 313
  • lotr_civsymbolcolor_preview.jpg
    lotr_civsymbolcolor_preview.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 371
  • lotr_civsymbolatlas_preview.jpg
    lotr_civsymbolatlas_preview.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 389
ERr... I haven't quit my project... did you think I had? I've just been busy lately and not posting much

No, i didn't thought that you quit your project. But i played with the lotr theme before you announcend your project. Since you started your first rohan civ, i decided to skip mine, cause i didn't announced anything yet. But then your project got no update, so i began to work on on my project again.

But as i said this project is not an attack on yours. I don't want to make "the better lotr mod". This is just a mod for myself, where i can do my own art style. It is also more an art project since i'm into graphics.

And its no competitor to your mod, cause it's far away from playable and i don't know if it ever will be released.

I second T_KCommanderbly's post, but I can't do anything with LUA, only XML.

I don't know if anyones up for this, but it would be kewl if we could make this a total conversion mod. And once the DLL releases we could mabye even make a victory condition where Frodo has to get to Mount Doom.

I'll be up for helping, I don't fully understand everything, but I'm trying to learn to make graphics.

So i've got some news to tell.

Here's is a little teaser.

And here is my little Progress:

New Leaders:
Spoiler :

All Civs:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• LOTR_Teaser.jpg
    LOTR_Teaser.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 286
  • LOTR_Leaders256.jpg