1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox News Getting dumber

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FriendlyFire, Nov 25, 2009.

1. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Fox news just when I thought it couldnt get any more stupid.
    You attack Obama for not calling the Fort Hood shooting a terrorist attack on the one hand then insist that during the Bush administration 9-11 wasnt a terrorist attack.

And to pre-empt people insisting it was a slip. Look at Perino's context both prior to that statement and after. She is question whether Obama is not calling it a terrorist attack for the political purpose of "matching" Bush record of "zero" terrorist attacks.

At least she easy on the eyes and thats the important thing. :crazyeye:

2. Tekee

Tekee Bahama Mama

Lol American leaders have just gotten dumber since Bush, Obama that narcissistic. I heard this joke before though, that great glorious leader Obama declared that there was no terror attacks. :)
    Like Bush got rid of the term Islamic Terrorist, now we get rid of the word terrorist. To give them justificiation?! :O

3. Jokeslayer

Jokeslayer Dedicated

I think that has to be a mistake. Nobody is dumb enough to try to slip that lie through.

4. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

Terrorist attacks "on our country" instead of "inside our own geographics borders"?

How quickly they forget all those thousands of "terrorist" attacks in Iraq and elsewhere during his administration. Weren't we ostensibly "fighting the terrorists over there so we don't have to fight them here"?

And here's the video:

Link to video.

:lol: You can always try tea-partying!

5. Tekee

Tekee Bahama Mama

^^ On American Soil.

6. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Obama should have labeled the Tiller killer a terrorist.

7. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

That is quite likely what she meant, but it clearly isn't what she stated:

8. rhawn

rhawn Chieftain

Fox News isn't dumb; one needs to be very clever to do what they do. Their viewers on the other hand...

9. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti The Don

Fox News is not dumb. Its much better then MSNBC or CNN.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Says the Fox News apologist. I go with CNN, contains less nutty political comentary shows that people will take seriously. I'd rather have news than political pundant puke.

11. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

The only reasonable response to this is to laugh.

12. Lord Gay

Lord Gay Chieftain

IIRC Palin and McCain refused to call abortion bombers as terrorists.

I also have to laugh at Hannity's blatantly irreligious comment that saying Allahu Akbar is indicative of being a terrorist sympathizer.

13. MrPopov

MrPopov Chieftain

Isn't claiming that Ft Hood killings a terrorist act weakening the right-wing war on terror policy?

If native born Americans who go on to serve in the military are able to be swayed into terrorism, then what hope do we have in Afghanistan/Pakistan/Iran, etc?

14. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Chieftain

That whole thing is just so ridiculous that we should ignore the entire video.

15. snakeseare

snakeseare No arms nor legs

For those who don't know, "Allahu Akbar" means "God is great" and is the opening phrase of the call to prayer broadcast from every mosque five times a day. Calling that an indication of terrorist sympathy is like saying that telling someone "bless you" when they sneeze means you are a terrorist sympathiser.

I chalk that comment up to pure, blatant, and willful ignorance on the part of Hannity. No surprise there. A closed mind is a Republican's greatest asset.

I once stopped and gave a ride to a couple of Muslim fellows in the heat of summer. They were very appreciative. The one fellow said, several times, "Allahu Akbar." I'm almost certain he did not mean "I am a terrorist sympathiser." He was just thanking his god for getting him out of the heat.

A similar misunderstanding surrounds the phrase "inshallah." Lots of westerners take it to mean the same as "mañana." Literally, it means "Allah willing," and it's used so much that many come to think it means "if I feel like it." And I suppose it sometimes does. But strictly speaking, an observant Muslim MUST, when speaking of any future event, say "inshallah." I've had guys, talking to me while pulling into the parking lot for a meeting, tell me "I will be there in five minutes, inshallah."

A very odd religion, though no odder than others. The fatalistic bent of Islam is most counterproductive. "Seatbelts? No need. If we die, it is because Allah wills it."

16. Equuleus

Equuleus Chieftain

Faux news, fair and balan... oh f*** it ( cuts to circus music )

17. Syterion

Syterion Voodoo Economist

I don't see how what happened at Fort Hood is any different from other shootings. If you count those kind of shootings, you have to say that plenty of other shootings were terrorist attacks and they definitely occurred during Bush's terms. Do people think because it may have been religiously motivated that it's a terrorist attack? As far as I can find, he emailed someone about it maybe, but a nutty murderer can do that too.

I don't know why I take these people seriously. People need to stop valuing people agreeing with them when it contradicts their impartiality. Especially when people have such a hard time distinguishing news with opinion.

18. Huayna Capac357

Huayna Capac357 Chieftain

Yes, saying inshallah and allahu akbar are hardly signs of support for Al-Qaeda. But we already knew Hannity was an idiot.

19. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

If there is no "Al-Qaeda" button, then they are not a terrorist.

20. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I just committed a terrorist attack by farting in the general direction of Detroit.