FOX News Hacked, Says President Obama Shot And Killed

jtb1127

Deity
FoxNews.com's Twitter feed for political news, FoxNewspolitics, was hacked early Monday morning.
Hackers sent out several malicious and false tweets claiming that President Obama had been assassinated. Those reports were incorrect, of course, and the president was spending the July 4 holiday with his family at the White House.
The tweets have been removed from the feed.
FoxNews.com alerted the U.S. Secret Service, which will investigate the hacking and do "appropriate follow up," spokesman George Ogilvie said.
Jeff Misenti, vice president and general manager of Fox News Digital, said FoxNews.com was working with Twitter to address the situation as quickly as possible.
"We will be requesting a detailed investigation from Twitter about how this occurred, and measures to prevent future unauthorized access into FoxNews.com accounts," Misenti said.
FoxNews.com regrets any distress the false tweets may have created.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

I agree with Kieth. But am I the only one who feels that hacking is becoming a big thing these days. There was the whole playstation thing and the wikileaks one. Is hacking becoming the dominant form of vandalism these days, or what?

I had no idea the Secret Service had jurisdiction over such things.

The Secret Service has jurisdiction over the physical security of the president and any threat to it. So alleged threats are something that they investigate. Eventually this may be passed on to a different agency as not their issue. But they would be the first responders.

To the OP, I wonder just how secure Twitter is. I tend to think "not very".

:dunno: It's not that funny, and wouldn't be any more or less funny if it had happened to any other news organization.
no it's funnier that it happened to Fox news.
I dare say it's only funny because it happened to Fox News.

Between them being so very wrong so very often in general and regarding Obama specifically on the one hand and half their audience actually considering him a communist, radical muslim alien who plots to destroy America (i.e. someone they'd probably like to see dead) on the other this is hilarious.

The Secret Service has jurisdiction over the physical security of the president and any threat to it. So alleged threats are something that they investigate. Eventually this may be passed on to a different agency as not their issue. But they would be the first responders.

Sending out the message the President was assassinated doesn't seem like a physical threat to the President.

Sending out the message the President was assassinated doesn't seem like a physical threat to the President.

But do you know for sure before it is investigated? Like I say, there's a good chance that another agency will be given the case. But first you make sure that there is not a threat to the president.

Depending on how much this case is reported, this will be another event used to motivate another round of incredibly draconian anti hacking measures.

I don't get it either.
Mock poisoning the Speaker of the House is covered by the 1st Amendment but pretending someone else had shot the President is a unlawful threat? :huh:

What's the NRA's stance on this?

OH MAN does this mean we are going to get Deathers who think Obama is dead now?

OH MAN does this mean we are going to get Deathers who think Obama is dead now?
Of course. He is dead now and replaced by...
...a communist, radical muslim alien [clone] who plots to destroy America.

David Axelrod, dressed in pure white, symbolises the preacher or heavenly body. Michelle Obama, dressed in full black, symbolises the mourner. Joe Biden, in scruffy denim jeans and shirt, symbolises the gravedigger and Barack Obama, barefoot and out of step with other members, symbolises the corpse.

Top Bottom