Fox06 - Waiting For Swords

GreyFox

Make it so ...
In conjunction with my unending episode of waiting for Beyond The Swords to arrive in the Fine city that I am living in .... I am starting a new Warlords SG. Hopefully this will attract 2-4 players in the same predicament ;)

This will be an OCC Space Race, may be AW, may be not, Difficulty and map type and leader can be discussed. I just want to pass time while waiting for the Swords to pass beyond ...

To make things interesting, as always in Fox series SG, we would have to tell a bad joke before each of our turnset report.

Deviant Minds SG Etiquette
should be followed.

Interested players, please sign up here. Game starts when there are 4 players ... or failing that, game get canceled when my BTS finally arrives ;)

:old:

EDIT: Hmm ... I can't even remember my own numbers right :lol: ... this should be Fox07 and not Fox06 :hammer2:

Patient GreyFox said:
Interested players, please sign up here. Game starts when there are 4 players ... or failing that, game get canceled when my BTS finally arrives ;)

As the second variant is clearly just a wild fantasy, the game will be started inevitably :D . As I'm not this kind of sadist like the Aussie I'd be interested, mainly because playing with the Fox is always fun (and I need another dose of Fox's rants :lol: ). I never played OCC, so I might want to try this out...

Imhotep

Ooosh ... a sign up :woohoo:

But actually, not that wild a fantasy. Just after I posted this thread, I figured out a way to get BTS shipped to me by Amazon.com ... apparently, the Singapore Post Office has a forwarding address based in US specially for people like me to buy stuff from the US online. So I ordered one, expected it to come in 7~10 days. It still beat the Singapore distributor's current shipping date of 15 Sep (assuming that does not get delayed again ...)

:please:

Back to current game, it will be a normal speed, possibly Monarch OCC Space Race.

Roster
-- GreyFox
-- Imhotep
-- open
-- open

May I suggest Stalin as leader ? Aggressive and Industrious is a good combination for OCC...

So what happens when you get BtS while this one is still going?

What happens? Why, I get to play BTS of-course. This game goes on, I never leave a game hanging.

Stalin is fine, a good choice. Aggressive is a bit useless (unless you want AW turned on as well) ... the best combo is Exp+Ind but Bismarck has been done far too many times in OCC games. And being Russian helps in Space Race (they won the 1st battle in space race afterall).

--

I will laugh if GreyFox receives BtS tomorrow.

PS: Not a sign up, but I would if 2 or more of my current SGs suddenly ended.

I'd like to sign up to get a taste of the fox rant. I've seen it so many times but I've never had a chance to experience it yet :lol: Stalin sounds like a good leader - I've never played with him yet.

Great, Shyuhe, you're in!

Now, I just have to sabotage Kodii's SGs to make sure they end suddenly .... ;)

I'll wait one more day to see if we can get one more player, else I'm just gonna have to draft someone in :lol: ... anyway my comp is acting up, spend 2 hrs playing just 6 turns of Rush Buy :sad: ... I need a day to reinstall Civ + Warlords.

--

Is a OCC game faster to play than a normal one? If so, even having my sword, I'd like to join, Mr. Fox. :wavey:

I've never played a OCC nor played a game with you, sir. As I've ran out of SGs to play... This one should be real quick.

Ooops, too late .... :p

Well, Greyfox, you can count me as a substitute ( never played a OCC before, so it should be fun ). I'm starting to miss you rants about artists... ;) :lol:

P.S Have you considered the possibility of swiming to Malasya to buy BTS? :p

Quietly lurking in the background, I want to see an OCC played out by good players like Feedback . ;)

Hmmmm, now you've got a roster I reckon BtS is released in Singapore tomorrow. :lol:

Actually, this was my primary intention. Let's see if they can make it! :p

Heh, it is always when a game has a last spot remaining that players starts rushing in to sign up ;) I have been in too many SGs to realize this, so actually I intend for 5 instead of 4 :smug: :cooool:

:lol:

FeedBack, welcome. OCC is real fast. typically 4 hours of play time to finish at Epic speed (AW may takes longer).

r_rolo1, great to have you again. I don't think Malaysia has BTS if Singapore dosen't ... but anyway, I have solved the problem (see my post at #5).

Roster
-- GreyFox
-- Imhotep
-- Shyuhe
-- FeedBack
-- r_rolo1

Is the following okay everyone?

Game Settngs
-- Leader: Stalin
-- Difficulty: Monarch
-- Speed: Normal
-- Victory: All (we must win by Space)
-- Map: Pangea
-- Options: PA off, RB off, AW (?)
-- Variant: Every turnset report to precede with a bad joke

I am reinstalling Civ tonight, if I had more time after that, I will a roll a start.

Pangaea AW sounds like a death wish. I'd rather not do AW, but monarch OCC space without AW shouldn't be too hard either. The choices, the choices...

Ok, if no AW, anybody wants to try for Emperor OCC Space Win? Should be doable (but pretty difficult) as well.

Never Vic is OCC queen ... but then I never liked fin trait. Bismarck has always been my leader of choice for OCC.

Stalin is actually okay -- partly because he is Russian: great UB, starting tech allows getting Pyramids. Aggressive is truly useless in peaceful OCC (in fact, even in AW OCC, aggressive is still not as useful, since the concentration of buildings and military instructors would largely make the free promotion insignificant) ... but let's treat it as our handicap.

--

Top Bottom