France reworked.

I'm trying to figure out what the most theming bonus type buildings and wonders you can jam into one city is. You only get the theming bonuses from buildings/wonders that hold more than one slot, right?

Palace: 1 slot

Louvre: 4 slots

Amphitheater: 1 slot

Museum: 2 slots

Opera House: 1 slot

Theater: unknown

Uffuzi: unknown

Broadway: unknown

Globe: unknown

Hermitage: unknown

Sydney Opera House: unknown

So, if all the unknowns hold more than one slot, that's a total of 8 theming bonuses that Paris can double. Does that sound like a lot?

It looks so obviously French and we've only seen it in French territory... I'm going with French UI and Foreign Legions being cut from France and either given to another Civ (unlikely) or made available for all Civs.

We don't know what it's named. People have just been calling it a "chateau."

That's my concern as well. It's just its unique architectural style that gives away this palace's ties to France at the moment. The style itself is clearly the cause most people want to call it a "chateau" - it's just too distinct to miss, and it's a basic association.

Another guess is that Firaxis wanted to make France a bit more similar to the one from Civ 4, with the Salon and such. If this UI is actually a Chateau, and if both of them in the screenshot are river-based, we can safely assume that those are to reflect the palaces on the Loire and this massive tourism they generate for IRL France.

EDIT: well, in the screenshot the chateaus are not on the river. Still, their style is too French to me.

I'm trying to figure out what the most theming bonus type buildings and wonders you can jam into one city is. You only get the theming bonuses from buildings/wonders that hold more than one slot, right?

Palace: 1 slot

Louvre: 4 slots

Amphitheater: 1 slot

Museum: 2 slots

Opera House: 1 slot

Theater: unknown

Uffuzi: unknown

Broadway: unknown

Globe: unknown

Hermitage: unknown

Sydney Opera House: unknown

So, if all the unknowns hold more than one slot, that's a total of 8 theming bonuses that Paris can double. Does that sound like a lot?

There are probably social policies/tenets that give you extra Great Work slots in various buildings, so there's that to consider too

It's neither. a worker was building one, not a city and not an archaeologist, which are the ones that make landmarks now.

If that happens, I guess France would be very weakened.

This. I'm skeptical that they would remove an existing unique unit from the game, and no reason to believe they've added a third unique. That would be HUGE, and not something they'd hide.

They've already completely revamped France's UA so there's precedent. The chateau could be in to synergize with France's new CV orientation.

It's neither. a worker was building one, not a city and not an archaeologist, which are the ones that make landmarks now.
Well, nobody's posting any screenshots, so I'm not sure what point of reference everyone else is working from, but the screenshot I saw where a worker was building something was in a city-state's territory, and it didn't resemble a chateau.

They've already completely revamped France's UA so there's precedent. The chateau could be in to synergize with France's new CV orientation.
They're willing to change UA's -- they've done it before -- but that costs them almost nothing. I'm skeptical that they will take a Unique Unit, expensive art and all, out of the game.

i can see the speculated chateau in the screenshots, but Where has everyone gotten the info for the new UA for France?

Well, nobody's posting any screenshots, so I'm not sure what point of reference everyone else is working from, but the screenshot I saw where a worker was building something was in a city-state's territory, and it didn't resemble a chateau.

Here you go Steve:

Spoiler :

French worker building an improvement in the left corner.

I think the best way to put it is that they added 3rd UUs/UBs/UIs which I would love to see.

Here you go Steve:

Spoiler :

French worker building an improvement in the left corner.

If you look around Lyon theres about 3 built Chataeus and the fact that Portugal has not a single one yet France has about 4 is a VERY big coincidence unless it is truly a UI which some are denying.

The French Foreign Legion could've been turned into a scenario specific unit for Scramble for Africa.
Personally I would miss the FFL, I really liked that unit.:sad:

Top Bottom