France's UHV

Logoncal

King
Hey guys, i'm trying to do France's first UHV but.... Christ almighty, i'm getting swarmed!

Is there any build order or strat that i can do to settle the required cities and take the ones that are prexistent? You have like what, 100 to 120 turns to do all of it? And the huge swarm of barbs are merciless, it actually forces you to go with 2 archers rather than one

Yes: barrack and chateu in 2 cities then axe/sword infinitly. 3. City granary settle settler. Also all new cities in france archer, chateu (barracks) military.

Yes: barrack and chateu in 2 cities then axe/sword infinitly. 3. City granary settle settler. Also all new cities in france archer, chateu (barracks) military.

I will say it still seems close to impossible to me (although I might just suck). I am in 832 now, but am still missing Swabia, Saxony and Catalonia.
I am pretty sure that Swabia and Saxony are possible, although it seems to me this might require some luck, but Catalonia seems almost impossible to me.
Every city I have to conquer is usually defended by at least two archers. That means I need 4 units to be reasonably sure to be able to take it. Sure, I could reload a bit and then would not need as many units, but that seems close to cheating to me. I did exactly what gilgames wrote, but there are SO many barbs in the beginning, which means you need some archers/axemen for defending.

Anyway while we are at the topic of hard UHVs, how do you actually manage the first UHV for Denmark? I tried for times but never ever got even close to do it. I can take the cities in scandinavia I need, but then I can't get those in england. Or I can try and take the cities in England (which might fail, since they often have quite a lot of defenders), but then I do not see how to take the cities in scandinavia.

You cant do it bc it is similar to france's first uhv. You build manor/barracks and then every city of yours build huskarl. Iron from the northen indy city. Initial army must survive and make it to england. And thats it.
Timing is key; to know when you can take a city and when to wait.

Hey guys, i'm trying to do France's first UHV but.... Christ almighty, i'm getting swarmed!

Is there any build order or strat that i can do to settle the required cities and take the ones that are prexistent? You have like what, 100 to 120 turns to do all of it? And the huge swarm of barbs are merciless, it actually forces you to go with 2 archers rather than one

IIRC, Absinthe is reworking the timescale for the next version, so it should be a little easier soon.

Top Bottom