Frazi (Babylon 5)

The_Coyote

Emperor
next model,

the Narn Frazi Fighter from the Babylon 5 universe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frazi_heavy_fighter
http://www.b5tech.com/narn/narnships/narnfighters/frazi.html

the model has 737 vertices, 716 triangels

there are two nifs in the Zip, one linked to the fighter animation (folder fighter) and one to the Final Frontier Fighter (folder spacefighter, 3 model unit so more then 2000 vertices, to make this one was a real pain).

both can be used with the same two almost identical 256 skins (one team colour [frazi.dds], one without team colour [frazi_fixed.dds]). Both skins are in the fighter folder. The frazi.dds is the used one.

Because of the small size of the FF fighter, it migh be possible to resize the dds to 128 (not tried, so you must try it yourself)

Edit: to make this took longer than i expexted, because i tried to train my skills making a texture. So any comments, what is good, was could be done better, what was a mistake, what i should change or avoid by the next models is appreciated

added to db: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9162

Ciao
The_Coyote

Attachments

• Frazi.zip
    78 KB · Views: 126
  • Demo.jpg
    Demo.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 686
Great one.

And a really realistic alien vessel. It even tried to abuct some cows.

:cool:
Great man! I realy like it, if you ask me you're getting better in the texture bussines. Tho in the screenshot in space the texture looks too dark if you ask me, but its OK, after all, if I we in a figther been chased the last thing I want would be to have a painting that says "Here I am, Shoot me!" :p

Thankfully I got out from work early today, I'll see that this unit is modded right away!.

Great one.

And a really realistic alien vessel. It even tried to abuct some cows.

:eek: Barbarian COWS?!?!?!?!??, those must be MAD cows :lol:

3 model unit so more then 2000 vertices, to make this one was a real pain.

Huh ? Does this mean you actually made the fighter 3 times ? You can use the same unit several times in the game even if you have just one model (e.g. warriors).

Huh ? Does this mean you actually made the fighter 3 times ? You can use the same unit several times in the game even if you have just one model (e.g. warriors).

i love misunderstandings ;)

in the FF fighter nif you must use the model three times, because the squad size of three is made with the nif. I didn´t made it three times, i only imported the nif of the model, the pain was to get the right positions of the effects in the nif and the right colour settings [change, start game, exit game, change, ...]), it was the first time i used a FF animation.

Beautiful unit :)

Bravo, very well done. While the texture itself could probably use a little polishing, there's nothing specific I can say about it. :( Yeah, I wish I could be a little more helpful in that regard...but it's probably something you'll get better at in time. Of which I have no doubt that you will. ;)

Well done, I look forward to seeing more B5 units in action.

Top Bottom