Free Artistry and Espionage

MOTH

Emperor
Fellow Citizens,
In reviewing the save file in CivAssist I note that Free Artistry and Espionage are now known by 7 and 4 other civilizations. I cannot run the game, so I don't know what the potential trades are.

We have a large tech lead and should be able to easily purchase Free Artistry from the Aztecs (my preference) for a handful of older techs. We should be able to get Espionage @5th (and cash) from America for one of our first knowledge techs. I think it is time to shop out some of our techs.

Assuming we trade for Free Artistry, this opens up Shakespeare's Theatre. As it is so much cheaper than US, we could easily lose it in a wonder cascade.

My suggestion is therefore that we switch Epolenep from Battlefield Medicine to Shakespeare's Theatre at a loss of nearly 100 shields. This should also give Epo the upper hand in regaining the lost horse tile from Babylon due to the much greater culture production of this wonder.

Has anyone payed any attention to this?

Mister Trade Minister and Mister Culture Minister,
There is work for you to do....

Thanks to Governor MOTH for bringing it up. Here are the potential trades that we can do. Only Three countries are worth trading with and they are America, China and France. All these deals are for Sanitation.

Here are the offers. Note. Only France can offer more money

America.

China.

France.

France more Money.

Dicuss these possible trades.

We should also investigate tying in Military Alliances with these trades. I guess Mister Foreign Minister has work to do as well. There are 5 votes cast and it seems that people want MAs with most or all of the new continent's nations as well as Babylon and France.

Can we buy Free Artistry from Aztecs for old techs? I wouldn't mind boosting up the Aztecs a bit.

My personal opinion is that we should do the potential Aztecs deal first followed by the America deal followed by the France deal and then followed by selling to China for what they've got. Any of these could include a MA vs Russia as well if that is what the people want.

America first, then France, tie it with MPP both cases. (America can tack on an MPP with the current deal and still accept.) And do it after we have secured MPP with Aztecs. That's my opinion. After Aztec -> America -> France, we could pursue the MPP and 42 Gold for Sani deal with China if the People wish.

OR, we could explore an option to get Artistry and an MPP from Azteca for Nationalism (to keep them at Parity with the Babylonians. Steam @ N < Nationalism @ N+1, so no inter-AI Trading...)

For Nationalism, we get Artistry, Spices, and WM. Steam with such a trade = "Close". (MPP+Steam nets us the deal, so Aztec MPP is a plus for us.)

UPDATE:
A Dry MPP with France OR China is "Doubtful" even at this level. So if we want an MPP with China, then we'll have to trade with them First. Then France.

Fortunately, We can get everything they have Plus an MPP for Sanitaiton (and the MPP)

If we WANT an Chinese MPP:
We Give: MPP, Sanitation
They Give: All their stuff Plus Artist and Espio.

Then on to France:
We Give: (MPP), Sanitation
They Give: (MPP), As much Gold and GPT as we can squeeze.

Then one of these Two:
We Give: MPP, Nationalism
Aztecs Give: MPP, Spices

America Gives: MPP, As much Gold and GPT as we can squeeze.

If No MPP with China:
First France if we're going for MPP:
We Give: (MPP,) Sanitation
They Give: (MPP,) As Much Gold + GPT as they're willing to part with.

Then America:
They Give: MPP, Espionage, As much Gold and GPT as we can squeeze.

Finally Azteca:
We Give: MPP, Nationalism
They Give: MPP, Free Artistry, Spices, WM.

(3rd or even 4th here because by then, the price of MPPs will have gone up. And if Medicine alone can cover Spices, then certainly Nationalism can cover Spices and a 4th MPP)

A Chinese Trade for Sanitation without MPP can help us clean up for bothced deals in this case.

My opinion MOTH is I don't care about the trades. Just get Free Artistry with the best deal. What I do care about is Battlefield Medicine. I think wasting 100 shields in Epolenep is really a waste. Bad call. Put Shake's somewhere else. We are in a war and need Battlefield Medicine NOW. Why would you want to lose that benefit in a time of war?

China first, then France #2 to get some money...

Espionage is the only tech that I care about.

And I agree with Cyc, keep Epolenep building Battlefield Medicine.

Cyc said:
My opinion MOTH is I don't care about the trades. Just get Free Artistry with the best deal. What I do care about is Battlefield Medicine. I think wasting 100 shields in Epolenep is really a waste. Bad call. Put Shake's somewhere else. We are in a war and need Battlefield Medicine NOW. Why would you want to lose that benefit in a time of war?

Same reason why we don't want Universal Suffrage?..

Cyc said:

Damn, I thought I corrected this. This is just plain wrong. I was mislead by CivAssist which told me that Battlefield Medicine was finished. It is actually only 254/500 shields complete and will take 10 turns or more to complete.

My revised plan is as follows:
Switch Epo to Shake's as noted - it will finish in 5 or 6 turns I think.
Switch one of Edo's cities from Hydro Plant (finished in 3) to Battlefield Medicine which should finish in 7-9 turns I think.

This gets us both of these wonders earlier than we would have and adds a great culture push back at Akkad.

Oh my, how have I missed this thread until now? There's Culture to be done!!

Hm, yes we should definately get Free Artistry. The French and Chinese trades look good to me.

As for where to put it, I agree with MOTH's assessment for the most part. Odawara is currently building a redundant Hydro Plant, and switching it to Battlefield Medicine would allow us to build it in 9 Turns according to MoC calculations. Epolonep could switch to Shake's and complete that in ~5 Turns, thereby solidifying our border with Babylon. I will set up a poll on this as soon as possible, because it would be very nice to get this done for the next TC.

EDIT: The poll is up.

Top Bottom