Free City from AI during Peace Treaty Negotiations

sillyspheres

Chieftain
Here is what happened. I hope this is detailed enough as I am doing it from memory. I'll try to grab some screenshots later tonight. This bug is similar to some of the other Diplomacy bugs with free gold and such, but is different enough that I wanted to post it.

- I am the Indians
- Noble difficulty
- 10 AI civilizations on Pangea
- Default rules except you can flip conquered cities

1. I am at war with Bismark of the Germans
2. Bismark offers me a peace treaty for 10 turns if I also give him one of my cities- Bombay.
3. I turned it down, but selected the menu item for negotiating.
4. I removed Bombay from my side of the deal and added one of Bismark's cities- Munich
5. I selected the menu item to propse the deal (PT for 10 turns in exchange for PT for 10 turns and Munich).
6. The AI rejected the deal.
7. I pressed the menu item "What would it take to complete the deal?" (or equivalent)
8. A dialog popped up explaining how during a Peace Negotiation, resources and technologies cannot be exchange and must be done after we have reached an agreement.
9. I close the dialog.
10. Now the first option, instead of asking Bismark to accept my trade, now had changed to asking me if I wanted to accept the deal explained in Step 5.

The menu options provided were from the point of view that Bismark proposed the deal to me rather than I proposing the deal to Bismark.

11. I accepted the deal, Bismark expressed his gratitude for the peace treaty and voila!, Munich was mine.

I think this is a part of the same documented bug as listed in the sticky. You could have probably gotten ALL of Bismark's cities and ALL his gold and ALL his techs if you added them all into your "step 4." Obviously, this isn't supposed to happen, and since it breaks the game, this will surely be among the first glitches to be patched.

Top Bottom