Free Courthouse on City Capture?

Zaimejs

Emperor
What is the lie there? I have order and I took the thing that is supposed to give me a free courthouse. I didn't get the free courthouses.

Is it because I puppeted instead of annexed?

Seems like a stupid rule.

To clarify, you must annex immediately to get the free courthouse. If you puppet, no free courthouse, even when you later annex.

And so as a consequence of having to immediately annex to work, it won't help for cities you've already captured prior to getting that tenant.

It doesn't say "upon annex" in the little rule, does it? That's something that you have to learn? Or did I miss something.

Iron Curtain says "Free Courthouse upon city capture." If you view the city after capturing and before you make the annex/puppet/raze decision, you will see a free courthouse. If you puppet, the courthouse disappears (since a courthouse can only appear in an occupied city).

Which brings me to suggest my improvement for future Civs. Explain the rules more definitively. Explain if bonuses stack and how they stack. Explain terms better... especially for newbies.

That's correct. You usually see the courthouse for free when you put view city.. new captured cities come with courthouses upon adoption of iron curtain.

Top Bottom