1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Free DLC - Deity Survival Challenge

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Lord Chambers, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Chambers

Lord Chambers Emperor

I've created downloadable content, and you don't even have to pay for it.

Inspired by the Civ4 Always War Deity Challenge I created a map where you are under the gun. You're up against the most aggressive and militaristic AI opponents available in a Diety Always War armageddon. In order to give you some chance of survival you are mainly behind mountains, limiting the enemy onslaught to a few locations. Your capital is also gamed-out, with unlimited strategic resources, bonuses on almost every tile, and encased in river (you will need the commerce). I picked Nebuchadnezzar for the player, since you basically have no chance to keep up with Deity AIs who have six or seven more cities than you. In hindsight this is an optional DLC civilization, so if you want to play and can't, let me know and I'll make a scenario with the leader of your choosing!

Settings:
    Always War
    Quick Combat
    Deity difficulty
    Tiny/Small map -- To make the AIs come for you instead of sit back
    All victory conditions enabled

Opponents:
    Montezuma
    Oda Nobunaga
    Alexander
    Suleiman
    Genghis Khan
    Askia

Screenshot:
    Spoiler :

The design of the chokepoints is obviously to your favor, but you might have to experiment with a few different strategies to defend your capital. The map should give you some surprises. I haven't won yet. Will you be the first?

50% of the DLC proceeds go to Blasto for giving me the idea to make the mountain ranges like spokes.

Attached Files:

2. ShahJahanII

ShahJahanII Homesick Alien

The leader is NebuchadnezzarII not Hammurabi.
    I will lurk this thread.

3. Life123

Life123 Chieftain

Made it. Conquest victory in 305 rounds.

Last capital of AI:
    Spoiler :

Babylon:
    Spoiler :

Main attack fleet (in total about 60 stealth bombers):
    Spoiler :

Victory progress of AIs (close call actually):
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

4. Cheeseisgood

Cheeseisgood Warlord

This is very interesting. I was thinking about making a scenario style thing based on this very concept. Are the AI at war with each other also, or just you?

Also, is this a savegame, or a replayable scenario? :)

5. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

Wow, it says 43 burgers. That's much more preferable to citizens!

6. Junuxx

Junuxx Emperor

Looks interesting! :) The concept is very similar to that of a Civ 4 scenario I once made.

7. Lord Chambers

Lord Chambers Emperor

The AIs are not always at war with each other. They have fought wars in some of my playthroughs however they can only reach each other through your territory.

It is a savegame from the year 4000 bc. Most people don't know how to load a custom map (which is technically a scenario in Civ5) and so I saved them the bother.

8. Lord Chambers

Lord Chambers Emperor

I decided to try winning again, as I have yet to succeed, and I used the save in the original post, which I discovered had a few flaws. The Cerro de Potosi adjacent to your capital is not actually a mountain, and your capital is not on a river (which allows for Gardens and Waterwheels. I also figured out why I kept capturing Japanese workers in the Aztec sector; the world wrapped. Well, with those fixed the game is a little more intense, since 4 of the opponents could war amongst themselves before.

I have now updated the save file in the original post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.