1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Free-form roleplaying...

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Capulet, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Capulet

Capulet RESTART

I was thinking, why don't we start a roleplaying thread, free-form (just write about a character and whatever he does). Like I'll write a story about some guy named Bob and he goes around meeting people.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11425&highlight=roleplaying

From a online game forum I used to frequent a few years ago...

I'll be Capulet, the wandering Knight/Poet. ;)

2. MSTK

MSTK Chieftain

Or better yet, a Roleplaying forum?

A stickied thread for character profiles (so you can look up people you're RPing with)?

3. Capulet

Capulet RESTART

Well, we have to start from somewhere. If people are actually interested, we could ask for a forum. But a thread(s) will be sufficient for now.

4. Cuivienen

Cuivienen Chieftain

I don'tknow if you could get a Roleplaying forum on CFC as CFC is completely unrelated to roleplaying. NESes only get their own forum because they were originally based on Civ3, although I suppose you might be able to get a spot in "All Other Games."

5. Capulet

Capulet RESTART

I don't want a forum. I just want a thread. :p

6. MSTK

MSTK Chieftain

Well, I guess you could always just start one right here, right now?

7. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Guys?!!! Lets get further than that. We are NESers for Gods sake! WE write, we build, invent, create! Roleplaying and writing stories is possible for those who like it. But as we know too many people try to win. If we want roleplay - lets create the universe characters live it. Write some rules. Guards, Kings, taverns, lists of mercahndise, skills, roads, maps - we can all create that. If we want a new forum (I've got one already) its going to be very convenient to use it for our grand project.
    I've never been big on small, but think about what we can do. Its a lot of work, but we can pull this off.

8. Erik Mesoy

Erik Mesoy Core Tester / Intern

This has been done once or twice in this forum. Browse the archive.

9. Gelion

Gelion Captain

Since you know this, can you at least give me names? I'd really like to see it.

10. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

Yea, a certain NES with a city named Nessos that was never updated by a certain someone :(.

11. Insane_Panda

Insane_Panda Chieftain

12. Erik Mesoy

Hail to the thread of the ancients! :salute:

<private joke>
    WAAA WHY DID THEY EVER CANCEL THE CIVFANATICS RPNES??
    </private joke> :crazyeye:

13. Capulet

Capulet RESTART

Eh, let's just start here and now, and see where it goes.

Like MSTK suggested.

Rules and such would be much to restricting, I think. I don't think a big project is really necessary. Let's just roleplay, without the complex stuff! :)

14. Kozmos

Kozmos Deep State shill

I did some RPing a while ago on another board,people argued and things escalated into a flamewar which lead to the nukage of the site.I have just started to return to RPing *sigh*

15. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

Flaming is fun, some of the nesers of old would attest to you my flame skills.

16. Capulet

Capulet RESTART

Capulet looked towards the door as he brisked passed a bar table. He was leaving a pub he that he had found while in the countryside... unfortunately, he did not find what he was looking for. He looked around before he left the door. The pub's patrons gave him odd looks as he walked out. Yes... he could understand why they would be suspicious of him. People like him only visited pubs when they wanted something. Something important.

17. Erik Mesoy

Maybe we should sort of agree on a general setting, technology era and power level first?

(Of course, I'm not too averse to something looking like a Star Wars / D20 Modern / AD&D crossover.)

18. Finmaster

Finmaster The White Ghost

Eckhart was sitting on a bar table. He had just lost his last money gambling, therefore it was his last beer and then he would have to leave due to lack of money. Eckhard noticed a strange man looking around at the bar door before leaving. He didn't pay much attention to it since he wanted to enjoy his last beer, but he wouldn't get that strange man out of his head that easily: he looked like a man looking for something, while Eckhart had a strange feeling that he had something important in his pocket. He couldn't quite remember what it was that he had, though, since he was too damn drunk. Soon he passed out. Maybe he would find something from his pocket in the morning..?

19. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

Ferdinand had just got up from winning all of Eckhart's money. Stupid fool he thought as he staggered to the bar for another drink, a beer known by the name of Hodgonson's and brewered locally. Looking back at the very drunk gambling compainion back at the table he noticed that he was muttering something. Casually he looked towards the door. A strange man with something of value?? possibly in his pocket???, Ferd was unsure, however he was sure that he would cross paths with this stranger once more. He looked back over at his table, Eckhart had finally slipped into uncosnciousness. Just enough time to slip enough money for the fool to feed his family with and then be off to do a job..... after all it wasn't everday you were contracted to kill the mayor.

20. Sheep

Sheep Orange Shrooms!

I would say it would be even better in a medievel setting. These things usually are. Say a small non descripit city in a European Kingdom during the middle ages?