Free Memory Boost program. Helps v1.52 from crashing.....

PDXcraterman

Chieftain
Please understand this. I am NOT promoting or trying to sell anything here.

I could play v1.52 for approx 45 min - 1 hour before my system would reboot, After reboot I would get a MS crash report and this is what it came back as...

*Problem description*

The error was caused by a problem in your computer's random access
memory (RAM). Microsoft is unable to determine if this problem was
caused by a hardware or software issue, although this type of problem is
usually caused by hardware.

*Recommendation*

Microsoft recommends that you download and run the Windows Memory
Diagnostic tool on your computer to find out if this is a hardware or
software problem. On most computers, you can download the diagnostic,
read the documentation, run the test, and complete the test in less than
30 minutes.

I did this and all my RAM came out with no errors. This happened three days in a row. A few nights back I down loaded MemTest & RamBooster (free shareware) from www.snapfiles.com . Ran the MemTest overnight per instructions and had no bad RAM found. Then I ran RamBoost and played Civ IV for almost two hours with cursing, kicking or screaming at the comp because of a crash.
I have not been able to do a longer test then the first night but this does look promising if you have this problem.

I hope this works for other people.......;)

Here is what I run on......

AMD Athlon (TM) XP 1800+
1.53 GHz
512 Ram
Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT card w/128 MB DDR3 AGP8x

Try www.memtest86.com and/or www.memtest.org.

I don't believe in the 'value' of so-called ram optimizers for Windows. Reading rambooster's information sounds to me like a sort of garbage collection shell in which to run your programs.

Also, subtle errors in timings, overclocking, electricity and the like are hard to find using software.
The best test is still a hardware memory tester.

I don't think you read his post... said he already used memtest.

I have not run any tests, but am surprised I am not seeing more posted on this error. I too have the game crash after some play with it telling me I have run out of memory. I have 1 MB of memory.

This problem did not happen before I installed the latest patch. Any suggestions for a solution?

Bill

WHLNH

Patch V1.52 resolved a lotof memory related issues, one of the ways it did this was to place more work on the graphics cards

Please post your Dxdiag and we can have a look at your system

Regards
Zy

Well, Did any one else have any luck? It seems that this boost program possibly crashes other games :cry: WOW, WC3 FT, Stronghold... SO I have removed that program and am seeing if it helped or not on CIV4 for sure...

Top Bottom