Free to Play weekend

but what is free?? Civ vanilla, civ G&K, or most unlikely civ BNW?

It's probably G&K. There is no way in hell they would give us a test run before the 2 final civs are announced.

Maybe they won't add the 2 remaining civs in this "Free play"

Don't get my hopes up......LOL that would be super awesome if they gave us the "reviewers" copy.......but that just isn't going to happen

I wouldn't play it... honestly. it would ruin the firs ttime play for me where I meet ALL the civs.. that is unless people found a way to change the .ini files, but I don't know how the preview build works.

I am 100% certain this has nothing to do with BNW and will be a trial opportunity for G&K or possibly even just vanilla.

From the Civ facebook page:

Free-to-Play weekend is from Thursday, June 6 @ 10am PDT (1:00pm EDT) to Sunday, June 9 @ 10am PDT (1:00pm EDT).
Not sure if this is the vanilla version or Gods and Kings version, and also not sure if the game will be on sale for this free-to-play weekend, but I am looking forward to it! I finally have a laptop that can run the darn game and the demo has gotten repetitive so I welcome this weekend. :)

Watch it be a surprise BNW demo.

Spoiler :
...I wish.

Where'd you all hear about this? And it's probably going to be just the base game, too many problems if they made it gold edition or Gods and Kings (buy the game, get a downgrade...).

Probably vanilla ciV or G&K since we can all expect a sale on those when BNW is out :) To be honest, I hate free to play weekends, the servers get overloaded and my game crashes all the time. Anyway, I will only be able to return to ciV Sunday evening due to my weekend schedule...

Hmm it's 10:00am PDT and no sign of anything. Also, the article on the Civ facebook page where I learned of this is not there anymore. I hope they didn't cancel it- I would be very disappointed.

EDIT - But it's on weekend deal- $12.49 for the gold edition. I'll take it!

Top Bottom