1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Free to Play weekend

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by EricTheGreat12, Jun 5, 2013.

1. seancolorado

seancolorado Deity

Some filthy cheap sales going on right now on Steam

People who want the complete library of Civ - from expansions to DLCs to map packs - would be wise buying the Gold Edition right now. Doesn't get better than this

2. IkM

IkM King

good price for gold edition.

btw, civ 5 is 7.49 on steam right now.

3. civvver

civvver Deity

It just coincides with pre purchase of brave new world. Free weekend to draw in new players. I'm sure it will be gods and kings. Regardless it's a great opportunity for civ4 players who might still be on the fence about getting 5, though it's hard to imagine there being any left almost 3 years later. Only downside is one weekend is not nearly enough time to appreciate any civ title. If you're new to civ it's probably not even enough time to grasp the concepts.

4. MaXimillionZero

MaXimillionZero Warlord

The F2P weekend does not seem to include G&K.

5. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

You may be right, but why would they not include G&K? As much as it improved the game, it would seem G&K would help to draw in more people.:confused:

6. Keipher

Keipher Chieftain

7. Gordon Brittas

Gordon Brittas Blackadder's Half Brother

8. Keipher

Keipher Chieftain

Ah, you're right. Did someone mention/announce the 75% off sale somewhere too?

9. Gordon Brittas

Gordon Brittas Blackadder's Half Brother

Yeah page 2.

10. migalhone

migalhone Warlord

I've bought the Gold edition last month for 20 euros. Now i see this Steam sale and i feel kinda :sad:

11. IkM

IkM King

I know that feel bro! :sad:

12. Altonity

Altonity Chieftain

Downloaded, played for 7 hours straight. Now downloading paid gold edition. Can't wait to continue playing! This seems to be very addictive game.

13. justinianI

justinianI Chieftain

Welcome to forum and the addiction that is Civilization!!! You're now hooked for life!:)

14. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

:goodjob: Welcome!

Sounds similar to me yesterday. I've logged about 25 hours in the demo, so when it went on sale, plus me being off of work yesterday and today, has allowed me to sit and do nothing but finally be able to play past turn 150 as someone other than the Celts! :lol:

15. gazzcoigne

gazzcoigne Chieftain

Just bought the Babylon + Spain & Inca & Scenario (already got Spain with G&K but I always wanted the Incas) + Polynesia & Scenario + Denmark & Scenario & Explorer's Map.

All for 4.47 euros, think it's a pretty good deal. Just got myself several more hours of civ 5 play. Now I've got almost all the DLC with the exception of the map packs, it's time to play!

16. ragan651

ragan651 High Regent of Candlewick

I wouldn't say Civ is addictive. Why, I've been playing these games for well over a decade, and I can quit anytime I want. Just after this next turn...

Welcome to Civ, and enjoy your addiction.

17. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

There is better:
    Gold Edition upgrade on Steam (get G&K plus all other DLCs), just for 2.5e with 75% discount.

18. epouillage

epouillage Chieftain

RPG, Dwarf Fortress, ArmA-Player reporting in. Always wanted to try out Civ, now EUR 10 for Civ 5 Gold is a great deal :D. First I'll watch tutorials and read manual though.